Developer Bungie is preparing to deploy a new update for Destiny following the holiday break that will address bugs, including exploits, in the recently released Crota’s End six-player Raid.
If you’ve yet to complete the new Hive-themed Raid legitimately, without the use of exploits, you may want to take the next week to learn how to do just that. Otherwise, those stuck in the ways of lantern-jumping across the pit, using clever ways to build the bridge, and “cheesing” Crota with disconnects are going to have a bad time. The update, landing next Tuesday on January 13, will address all known exploits that allowed Guardians to complete the raid with ease or even as a solo adventurer.
The silver lining? The patch will also make improvements to the Vault of Glass’ loot drop table, giving Guardians more incentive to revisit the deadly trials of the time-travelling Vex once again.
Here are the details:
- The existing Pit treasure chest reward moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger. She has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials.
- The Pit treasure chest will now contain Radiant Materials.
- Removed the physics impulse caused by exploding lanterns.
- Players will now be required to cross the bridge in order to complete the bridge encounter.
- Players will now be required to wait for the bridge to be completed prior to crossing with the sword.
- Fixed a rare case where the Shriekers would not spawn, preventing players from reaching the Deathsinger.
- Two Swordbearers will no longer spawn at the same time at the outset of the encounter.
- Crota will now recover from his kneeling state after a player quits.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to remove the “Presence of Crota” using a Radiance Warlock’s Fireborn ability.
- Fixed a bug that made the Oversoul appear destroyed to some players in a Fireteam when it was actually still active.
Vault of Glass – Updates
- Exotic weapon drops in the Vault of Glass are now Level 32.
No details on the launch date of the Hard Mode version of the Crota’s End Raid, though Bungie says in its latest update that “It’s almost ready.” According to the studio, players will “need to learn a new trick or two” in order to best the tougher challenge.
Keep your sights on MP1st for more word on Destiny’s latest updates.