With Marvel’s Avengers confirmed to be a game that gets updated regularly with missions and even cosmeticsm, some might be wondering if there are weekly events and whatnot to look forward to as well. Crytal Dynamics has shed a light on that with the Marvel’s Avengers game weekly events and resets info dump.
According to Crystal Dynamics, Events will vary in terms of scope in the sense that some will take place over a week, others will be seasonal, and some will have cosmetics and gear tied to these events for a limited time.
Marvel’s Avengers Game Weekly Events and Resets:
Missions: the WAR TABLE is dynamic and will feature unique content throughout the week.
- Modified Missions: Each week we will designate Priority Missions and Priority HARM Challenges that offer up unique rewards for completing them with an assortment of modifiers.
- New Mission Modes: Two new mission types will debut shortly after launch – one that focuses on co-op play and will only appear over the weekend, and another that uses your full roster of heroes in a challenging gauntlet of solo play.
Assignments: Marvel’s Avengers features various Factions, each with their own in-game Vendors. SHIELD & Inhuman Vendors will give you daily and weekly assignments that help increase your Faction level. The higher your faction level, the more Gear and Artifacts that Faction Vendor will give you access to. Faction items rotate daily and weekly. Make sure to go grab all your Faction dailies when you login, because they can be completed as you play through other missions.
Hero Challenge Cards: Daily and weekly challenges help you earn points to progress and unlock content on your Hero Challenge Cards. As with Faction assignments, Hero Card challenges can be completed as you play through other missions.
Community Challenges: These weekly challenges ask the global player base to team up to achieve a specific goal – such as destroying 500,000 Synthoids. When completed, the entire player base receives a unique reward (such as nameplates) reserved for these weekly challenges. Once a month, PlayStation players will get an exclusive Community Challenge.
Vendor & Marketplace Rotation
- Vendor Rotation: In-game Gear Vendors have an inventory that rotates once per hour, so there is always something unique to shop for. Cosmetic Vendors have a stock of outfits, emotes, and nameplates that rotate once per day – although Legendary Outfits stick around for the full week.
- Marketplace Rotation: The Marketplace also refreshes weekly.
In addition to the stuff mentioned above, there are more to be revealed regarding Outposts and Operations! Check out the stuff touched upon today, though bear in mind, more will be discussed during the upcoming War Table devstream on September 1.
In addition to weekly gameplay loops, new content will ensure play stays fresh. Tune into the Marvel’s Avengers WAR TABLE to learn more about:
- Outposts: Outposts are explorable places with friendly faces and unique vendors.
- Operations: We’ve previously talked a lot about missions but have been intentionally secretive about Operations. Tune into the launch edition of Marvel’s Avengers WAR TABLE to get the scoop on Operations, and the new hero that will debut with our first Operation drop!
It looks like future heroes won’t have a dearth of content for Marvel’s Avengers, then. Aside from rotating cosmetics, there will be weekly resets of missions too, which should be familiar to those that play Destiny 2 or The Division 2.
In other Marvel’s Avengers news, go check out this PS1 CD case made for the game by a fan.
Stay tuned to our review hitting the site soon, along with gameplay tips and character guides.
Source: Avengers Square Enix