Following up from our previous article about Terminal available to download for PS3 ELITE premium subscribers and a scheduled Double Weapons XP – which you can read here – a second Title Update for PS3 has just went live.
PC players have also received their patch today, which includes the fan favourite Modern Warfare 2 map, Terminal, plus weapon buffs. PS3 non-ELITE premium subscribers can now download the Modern Warfare 2 classic map from the store as well.
PS3 players will be prompted to download another Title Update – patch 1.19 – when you go to play the game, which includes further additions, bug fixes and changes to the matchmaking system. The update also inputs logic to make Terminal count as an original map. A full list of changes are as follows:
As seen on the official Modern Warfare 3 forums.
PS3 Title Update 19
- Update to Face Off logic
- Improvements to lag compensation
- Support for Elite drops 19-24
- Fix for XM25 challenges not registering
- Added logic to make Terminal count as an original map
- Fix for players changing a UAV into a second Ballistic Vest pointstreak
- Fixed Elite Web issue when sending custom classes with attachment proficiency on second primary
Thanks to Landis Golden.
I asked Infinity Ward’s Candice Capen why this update has been released so quickly, after 1.18 was only just released a few days ago. She replied “we were able to rush release [the Title Update for PS3].”
PC gamers can now download Patch 1.15, which also features many changes including a VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat) fix and all additions that the console players have had in previous hot fixes and title updates. Details below:
PC Patch 1.15
- Valve Anti-Cheat fix to prevent VAC banned players from accessing MW3 MP servers
- Support for Terminal to autodownload as part of the patch
- Update to Face Off spawn logic
- Weapon balance changes for Assault Rifles & SMGs
- Adding all previous hot fixes
Terminal is now globally available to all players. The nostalgic map can be downloaded via the Playstation Store now – which ELITE subscribers got access to yesterday (including their August Content Drops), and will auto-download for Steam players. Xbox 360 players have had the map exclusively since last month. The classic MW2 map has been weighted accordingly on matchmaking – you will see Terminal appear more often compared to other maps.
To celebrate the release of Terminal for everyone, Infinity Ward has turned on Double Weapon XP across all platforms. The event is scheduled to last through the weekend and into next week – as Candice Capen exclaims “enjoy your #MW3 gold week.”
What weapons will you be painting gold this week? Terminal is a fan favourite for many, but what map would you have picked instead? Share your opinions and comments below!