Yet another game update is live for the PC version of Battlefield 4.
A nearly 900MB game update will greet you the next time you log in to Battlefield 4 on the PC. No patch notes are yet available, but we are told they will be shortly. Check back for updates.
Perhaps a few more points can be crossed off DICE list of 22 things to fix in Battlefield 4.
UPDATE 1: A general Battlefield 4 server update (R16) has also been applied to all platforms. Check out the patch notes right here.
UPDATE 2: The Battlefield 4 December 16 PC patch notes have been made available.
Battlefield 4 R16 Server Update Notes
- Fix for some of the more common server crashes
- Overall performance enhancements
- UCAV ammo replenish time was set from 20 to 90 seconds
- Round time limit intervals were added for the different server types
Battlefield 4 PC Patch Notes – December 16
We have noticed that players who have SLI enabled on their graphics card may experience graphical flickering. Also, we’re looking into the issue where the revive bar would get stuck on-screen in some instances. Both of these have our attention, and we’re investigating them.
- Fix for a crash that would cause the game to stall, resulting in a sound loop. This should eliminate most of the problems relating to this.
- Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling” opponents.
- Fixed one of the issues related to the so-called “Netcode” (see below for details).
- Fix for an issue where 4x the damage from a vehicle’s minigun would be applied to the chest when a player had the Defense specialization equipped.
- Fix for player tags not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members.
- Fix for graphical flickering appearing on terrain.
- Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
- Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out.
- Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen after being killed.
- Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived.
- Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
- Made NVidia 331.82 or later driver versions mandatory for all players.
- Disabled DirectX 11.1 on NVidia cards that have outdated drivers.
- Fixed driver version not being properly detected on NVidia Optimus systems.
- Fixed a minor crash that could occur when bringing up the scoreboard.
We’ve addressed the so-called “Kill trading”. This refers to when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. The time window where a bullet could cause damage from an already dead player is now calculated as intended, decreasing the timeframe when players with high latency could get a kill, even though they should be dead according to the server.