This November 22, Second Assault is coming to Battlefield 4 on the Xbox One, later for other platforms, and will be bringing with it four fan-favorite Battlefield 3 maps that have been reimagined in the Frostbite 3 engine and “treated with the Levolution concept that [DICE is] having for Battlefield 4,” says Executive Produce Patrick Bach.
Speaking to Matt Cuttle of FTW, Bach explained that all four returning maps; Gulf of Oman, Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm and Operation Métro, will “all have the big, epic events, but also the smaller things where you can turn on and off things and you can alter and change the map as a player.” All maps will “get the full treatment”, says Bach, mentioning that “you will recognize them and you might think you know them but they will be quite different.”
Naturally, Battlefield 4’s factions and game modes will carry over to the newly reimagined maps as well, but DICE will also be reintroducing Capture the Flag, a game mode that was first introduced in Battlefield 3’s End Game expansion.
For full details on the expansion, check out the official feature list that was recently updated on the Battlefield 4 website:
Second Assault – November 22 on Xbox One
- 4 fan-favorite maps redesigned with the power of Frostbite 3
- Operation Metro 2014
- Caspian Border 2014
- Gulf of Oman 2014
- Operation Firestorm 2014
- 5 weapons re-mastered for Battlefield 4
- Dune Buggy (DPV) vehicle makes its return to the Battlefield
- Capture the Flag game mode
- 10 new assignments with their own unlocks
- Available to Battlefield 4 Premium members 2 weeks early
- Second Assault will be released as a timed exclusive for Xbox One at the console’s release on November 22.
Lastly, catch some of the brand new Battlefield 4 Second Assault footage showcased during Bach’s interview in the video below:
[youtube id=”N1ZZvrP5zoo” width=”618″ height=”378″]
Stay tuned to MP1st for even more Second Assault footage this Wednesday, November 20.