There’s a new system update for the Nintendo Switch rolled out by Nintendo, and it has a bunch of useful features included. This Nintendo Switch 5.0 update integrates Facebook and Twitter friends, shores up the security for parental controls and more.
Here’s the full system update notes (via Nintendo):
Improvements Included in Version 5.0.0
- Facebook and Twitter friends that also use Nintendo Switch can now be added through Friend Suggestions
- Using the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app, add specific software titles to your whitelist to exclude them from the console’s Parental Controls Restricted Software setting
- Captured videos in the Album will be restricted by Parental Controls depending on the Restricted Software setting and Software Rating Organization
- To keep the Parental Controls PIN private, the default method for PIN entry has been changed to entering using the Control Stick and buttons instead of the on-screen number pad
- Select from 24 new ARMS and the Kirby series icons for your user
- Digital software purchases made from a PC or smart device will start downloading sooner than previously, even if the Nintendo Switch console is in Sleep Mode
- Receive notification when pre-purchased software is ready to play
- Filter News to view only unread news or news from specific channels
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller grip colors will now display in the Controllers menu
In other Nintendo Switch news, the paid online premium service will kick off this September, and you can read about the features it’ll have here to see if it’s worth your money. We also posted a DYI Switch XL that needs to be seen to be believed.