Tried uploading your latest in-game accomplishment to Facebook? Or maybe you’re trying to connect your PS4 to your Facebook account? Experiencing a PS4 Facebook connect error? There’s a reason for that, as Sony has discounted PS4 Facebook app support starting today!
This was announced by Sony on the official PlayStation support page, with the following message:
Starting on October 7th, 2019 Facebook integration will no longer be supported on the PS4™ system. This includes Facebook’s share features such as posting gameplay and trophy activity and using the friend finder feature. We apologize for any inconvenience.
What this means for you:
PlayStation®4’s share features will remain the same, except Facebook will no longer be offered as a destination to share screenshots, videos, music, trophy details, or links to gameplay broadcasts.
- Users will no longer have the ability to link their Facebook account to their PlayStation™Network account. This means Friends List features, such as adding friends from Facebook will be removed.
- Profile pictures imported from Facebook will no longer be used. We recommend selecting a new picture for PlayStation® friends to identify you. There are multiple options for changing your profile picture on PS4™ to an Avatar or image of your choosing.
- On PS4™, go to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Account Information] > [Profile] > [Profile Picture]
- Alternatively on PS4™, you can select your Profile from the Function area. Click on the […] button to the right of [Set Online Status]. Then [Edit Profile] > [Profile Picture]
- You can also upload an image in the PlayStation® App from your mobile device
Yeah, Sony could have possibly announced this a wee bit earlier, but for some reason they didn’t.
In other PlayStation news, PS4 firmware 7.00 is going out this week! Here’s what to expect.