While Sony has already revealed the list of PS4 games that won’t work on the PS5, the company has also detailed the PS4 to PS5 save transfer process as well! In addition to that, Sony went in-depth on what controllers will be compatible with the upcoming next-gen console.
PS4 to PS5 Save Transfer Process:
Transfer digital games from a PS4 console to a PS5 console
- You can transfer digital games and saved data from a PS4 console to a PS5 console using WiFi data transfer.
- You can access PS4 games on a PS5 console directly from a PS5 extended storage drive.
Compatible controllers on PS5 consoles
- The DualSense™ wireless controller, DUALSHOCK™4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work on PS5 consoles with supported PS4 games.
- Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.
- Both the PS Move Motion Controller and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5 consoles.
- For the best experience, use a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller when playing PS4 games and PS VR games on a PS5 console.
- PS5 games are not compatible with the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller.
- To adjust the strength of controller vibration on PS5 consoles, go to Settings > Accessories > Controllers > Vibration Intensity.
- The Platinum and Gold Wireless Headsets, as well as third-party headsets that connect via USB port or audio jack, will work on PS5 consoles (the headset companion app is not compatible with PS5 consoles).
In other PlayStation news, go check out this fan-made DualShock 4 flight stick that’s quite a sight to behold.
Source: PlayStation Support