A new PUBG update is available to download and install on PC. It applies to the Test Server, bringing gameplay optimizations and bug fixes for players to trial.
In addition to the PUBG PC Update 6 patch notes, the developer has detailed changes coming to the game’s matchmaking system. PUBG will begin to use ping-based matchmaking, to help “improve the overall play experience.” The “first trials” of these changes will be rolled out this week.
PUBG PC Update 6 Patch Notes
- Replaced some fences in Miramar to unbreakable fences or walls in order to optimize the client.
- When the player is riding in the airplane, they will no longer be able to see the inside of the airplane. This is to improve the early game client and server performance
- Other players will be visible once they jump out of the airplane
- When riding the airplane, you can check the number of remaining passengers via the new UI element at the bottom left of the screen
- When reporting someone through the replay system, we now receive a 1 minute replay file centered on the point of your report
- It is impossible to report through a replay file which has been created longer than a week ago
- It is impossible to report the same player multiple times in the same replay file
- Fixed the issue where the player would die from falling when vaulting and climbing
- Fixed the issue where after reconnecting to the game, the player would get a glitched view when using ADS on their weapon
- Fixed the issue where the player didn’t receive any damage after entering a vehicle from a prone position and then exiting while the vehicle was moving
- Fixed the issue where after entering the vehicle (passenger seat) from prone position and using heal/boost items, the player was shown using the items in prone position instead of sitting down
- Made changes to prevent the reduced heal/boost time cheat
In other PUBG news, NFL Star JJ Watt provoked a Twitter battle between the game and Fortnite, sales are now at over 30 million but player numbers are dropping, and the roadmap for 2018 content will be shared “soon.”
Source: PUBG (Steam)