Rainbow Six Siege has blown up in a big way, now boasting over 20 million registered users, and developer support has never been stronger. The next patch for the game is a significant one, bringing a host of changes to gameplay, game modes, operators, level design, and general user experience. Title update 2.2.2 lays the groundwork for the game’s third season and all of the “exciting changes coming up.”
An expected downtime of 30 minutes is expected while the update is implemented.
Maintenance Schedule, Update 2.2.2 – Aug 9th:
PS4: 9AM EDT
X1: 10AM EDT
PC: 11AM EDT
Est. Downtime 30 mins
— Rainbow Six Siege (@Rainbow6Game) August 8, 2017
Read up on the patch notes below, and note the increased use of dedicated servers, which is certainly something we love to see!
These servers have improved hardware over the servers that are currently in use, allowing for a smoother overall gameplay experience. The extent of these improvements will range from hit registration, and desyncs, to overall latency. While we are excited for you to test this new technology on the TTS, the final deployment date cannot be determined prior to data collection from these tests.
Peer to Peer Removal
We will be removing Peer to Peer voice and party features from the game in the future. This means that you will have an easier time connecting to your friends and forming parties, as well as a more fluid VOIP experience to facilitate communication with your teammates.
To avoid any misconceptions, all Ranked, Casual, and some Custom Matches are currently hosted on dedicated servers. Peer to Peer removal is not related to the hosting of the actual matches.
LAN Mode on PlayStation 4
Call your friends (if they live near you (if you have any)), LAN mode is coming to the PlayStation 4! This is targeted for Season 3.
MAIN BUG FIXES
- FIXED – Players are able to place Valkyrie’s Black Eye cameras in a location that provides visibility of the entire Bank map.
- FIXED – Nitro Cells deal no damage when they are thrown against certain types of metal beams.
- FIXED – In some cases, wall reinforcement debris remain floating after being destroyed.
- FIXED – Securing can be interrupted by stepping over debris.
- FIXED – Spectating a player moving through the basement of Oregon forces floor switches.
- FIXED – Visual Operator placement glitch when switching from first to third person.
- FIXED – Metallic doors appear orange on Bank.
- FIXED – Data Centers selected by the host is changed when the Dedicated Match begins.
- FIXED – X-KAIROS destruction does not affect the main section of wall reinforcements.
- FIXED – X-KAIROS pellets can leave floating reinforcement debris.
- FIXED – Glaz’s gadget does not always show enemies when looking through specific angles through windows.
- FIXED – Yokai Drone fails to stick to the ceiling in the Garage of Bank.
- FIXED – Carrying the hostage on 2F service stairs causes the hostage to clip through the wall.
- FIXED – Walls on the East and South sides of 2F Break Room are indestructible.
- FIXED – Animation loop when approaching the refrigerator in Cafeteria.
- FIXED – The wall in B Storage Room is missing a reinforcement interaction.
- FIXED – Black Eye’s vision can be blocked by metal bars above the server racks due to missing collision.
- FIXED – Players do not take any damage through EXT High Roof bars.
- FIXED – Attackers are able to climb onto the pink canvas on the top of the building.
- FIXED – Breaching charges placed in 2F VIP Lounge will not break the floor.
- FIXED – Operators clip through the environment in 2F Penthouse.
- FIXED – Rubber banding occurs when entering through the EXT Cantina drone vent.
- FIXED – Players are able to clip through the environment to access unreachable areas.
- FIXED – Players are able to use a shield vaulting exploit to spawn kill Attackers.
- FIXED – Gadgets cannot be placed in CG2F Radio.
- FIXED – Drones remain floating in the air when they jump into the water.
- FIXED – When placing a gadget on some walls, the lighting becomes brighter.
- FIXED – Players are able to vault into unintended areas.
- FIXED – Rubber banding occurs after vaulting through the windows on EXT South Balcony.
- FIXED – Players are able to melee through a wood panel near East Stairs to clearly see the southern door.
- FIXED – Players are able to be killed through an unbreachable wall by going prone on furniture in 2F Fountain.
- FIXED – Twitch’s drone gets destroyed when passing by a rock on EXT Cliffside woods.
- FIXED – A wall in Geisha Room is able to be reinforced from both sides.
- FIXED – Rubber banding occurs when passing between the hostage and the table in 1F Kitchen.
- FIXED – Players can remain stuck after vaulting onto the bar.
- FIXED – When going prone in 2F Bathroom, players will partially clip through the wall.
- FIXED – Inviting a player through the Uplay PC client prior to launching the game will not add them to the squad.
- FIXED – Twitch’s Jeanne d’Arc headgear has low-res textures.
- FIXED – The price of the Capitao Loreto Set is incorrect on the Xbox One.
- FIXED – Some of Mute’s headgear appear to have a low level of detail.
- FIXED – NVIDIA Surround option only displays the game on a single monitor.
- FIXED – Rank icons do not always refresh for all party members.
- FIXED – 9x19VSN Kabuto skin clipping error.
- FIXED – Flag of Japan charm has a flickering texture.
- FIXED – Waiting for teammates and waiting for squad messages do not always appear as intended.
- FIXED – Fudgy Bunny appears with a low level of detail.
- FIXED – Some skins on the SMG-11 have a low level of detail.
- FIXED – A typo is present in the Czech subtitles of Kapkan’s intro video.
- FIXED – Watch Dogs charm has anti-aliasing glitches.
- FIXED – Some players are unable to interact with the scoreboard.
- FIXED – Operators from the previous match are sometimes shown in the scoreboard prior to entering the Operator selection screen.
Managed to get through all of those details? Good! Let us know which change you’re most happy to see.