RuneScape‘s developer, Jagex, has announced Halloween events for both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, along with a new patch, making minor bug fixes and gameplay tweaks.
The RuneScape event holds new discoveries to make, while playing through pages of “spooky tales,” whereas in Old School RuneScape you can try to survive a “hockey-mask-like-wearing-killer-stalking Gielnior.”
Details on RuneScape‘s Halloween Event are below:
Written by RuneScape developers and players, the tales featured in Ghost Stories of Gielinor take participants on a journey of terror, beginning with a meeting with a mysterious figure known as ‘Closure’. Those brave enough to collect and experience the tales first hand will bring them together into a great tome, as well as unlock a new cosmetic item to remember this year’s Halloween by: The headless rider outfit.
And here are the details on Old School RuneScape’s Halloween Event:
Old School RuneScape’s event was teased on Friday 13th this month, where a masked individual was first spotted across the game’s free-to-play areas – but now the stakes have been raised, and the spectre of Jonas is on a deadly hunt for victims. Successful participants will receive the mask worn by Jonas, while players can also turn their character’s skin a lovely shade of ‘Zombie Blue’.
Jagex has also implemented a new update rolling out today.
Find the full list of patch notes below:
- A tiny section of the fence east of Varrock – lone survivor of the great purge – is no more.
- Logging into the Wilderness agility course in a free to play world will now remove you from the area.
- Free players can now take part in table dancing at NovtumberFest for Prayer XP.
- The Dimension of the Damned login screen is now available.
- The bonfire Skybox has been removed from the Skybox/Filters menu.
- The Paterdomus and Menaphos (Desert) Skyboxes have been added to the Skybox/Filters menu.
- The Hallowe’en 17 filter has been added to the SkyBox/Filters menu.
Do you fancy your chances at this year’s Halloween Events? Let us know below.