In case you didn’t know, Star Wars Battlefront 2 is going to get a big patch very, very soon. Included in this patch are gameplay changes, and the new additions: Star Wars Battlefront 2 new heroes BB-8 and BB-9E! Curious what these two little bots can do on the battlefield? Read on.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 New Heroes BB-8 and BB-9E Overview
A familiar droid within the Resistance, BB-8 has become a fan favorite within the Star Wars™ universe since his debut in Star Wars: The Force Awakens™.
“You’re a true friend.” – Rey to BB-8
If there’s one thing BB-8 can do, it’s move fast. We’ve seen him rolling at great speed through multiple environments in the films and he’ll act the same way in Star Wars Battlefront II. He will feel fast, able to move in and out of harm’s way at speed, while also being able to capture a Command Post at a quicker rate than others.
Along with his ability to capture Command Posts, BB-8 comes with another advantage, his Rolling Charge ability. Activate it and BB-8 will roll much faster than normal, headfirst. When he bumps into an enemy, he extends his head, damaging and pushing them back.
And if BB-8 finds himself in a position he can’t zip out of, he can use his Shock Prod on enemies in front of him, which deals electrical damage to them over time.
Always one to have a few tricks ready to go, BB-8 can also call upon his Resistance Backing ability, which unveils enemies around him. Not only will they be revealed, they will also be more vulnerable to attacks, taking slightly increased damage. Any enemies revealed by Resistance Backing will also have their radar corrupted.
Rounding off his abilities is Cable Spin, where BB-8 will begin to rotate, extending three tow cables, hitting all enemies around him and causing high damage.
BB-8 Passive Abilities:
BB-8 will have three passive abilities, which means they’ll always be present and won’t require input in order to activate. Simply meet the requirements and the passive abilities will be carried out.
- BB-8 will count as two units when capturing a Command Post, and activating an objective device is much faster.
- BB-8 increases the cooldown speed of nearby friendly character’s abilities.
Health on Kill
- Upon defeating an opponent, BB-8 will receive some health back.
BB-8 Movement Type:
BB-8 is faster than most and can traverse the battlefront at great speeds.
- Quick Dodge to the side
- A quick impulse jump that is slightly higher than blaster heroes
- Similar to a Force user in terms of sprinting speed
- Ability to turn on and off a flashlight
BB-8 Star Cards:
- BB-8’s maximum health regeneration is increased.
- Every trooper defeated or 200 damage to villains increases Shock Prod damage.
- BB-8 takes less damage while using Rolling Charge.
- BB-8 deals more damage when hitting an enemy with Rolling Charge.
- When hitting multiple enemies with Cable Spin, the next cooldown of the ability is reduced.
- Both the damage and area of effect of Cable Spin is increased.
- Enemies revealed by Resistance Backing will take extra damage from attacks.
- When BB-8 defeats an opponent that was revealed by Resistance Backing, he will heal nearby friendly characters.
- The increased cooldown speed of BB-8 is improved.
BB-8 Victory Poses:
- Thumbs Up
- Wired Parade
- Cables Out
- Thumbs Up
- Angry Beeps
Similar to BB-8, BB-9E will have a primary weapon that is centered around his Shock Prod, which stuns enemies periodically and deals damage over time.
BB-9E has a number of abilities based on utility. The first of which is Smoke Screen. Upon activation, dense smoke will be emitted from BB-9E through the grids on his body, revealing enemies around him for the duration of the active time.
His second utility-based ability is Charge Up, which emits a pulse that places his Shock Prod and all nearby friendly blasters into super success mode. This will cause friendly units to no longer generate heat on their blasters and will also reduce their ability recharge time.
The third ability of BB-9E’s is Shock Spin. When used, BB-9E will spin and release an electric pulse that pushes, and damages enemies that are nearby. Any enemies that are further away will have their blasters overheated.
BB-9E Passive Abilities:
- BB-9E will count as two units when capturing a Command Post and activating an objective device is much faster.
- BB-9E periodically regenerates the main health of friendly characters around him.
Health on Kill
- Upon defeating an opponent, BB-9E will receive some health back.
BB-9E MOVEMENT TYPE:
BB-9E is faster than most and can traverse the battlefront at great speeds.
- Quick Dodge to the side.
- A quick impulse jump that is slightly higher than blaster heroes.
- Similar to a Force user in terms of sprinting speed.
- Ability to turn on and off a flashlight.
BB-9E Star Cards:
- BB-9E’s maximum health regeneration is increased.
- Every 200 health healed to friendly characters reduces the shock prod stun cooldown.
- The radius of smoke screen is increased.
I See You
- Enemies revealed by Smoke Screen will be revealed for longer.
- If shock spin hits enough targets, its damage will be doubled for the remaining time.
Spin me Round
- Enemies hit by Shock Spin will be pushed further away, but its cooldown is increased.
- The cooldown of Charge Up is reduced.
- The radius of Charge Up is increased.
- The radius of Bacta Support is bigger, but the cooldown between heals is also increased.
BB-9E Victory Poses:
- Shocking Victory
Will these two bots be able to stand toe-to-toe against Vader and the rest? I can’t say for sure, but I’d love to see them try.