While we got the big Age of Rebellion update for Star Wars Battlefront 2 a few weeks ago, DICE is planning to roll out the Star Wars Battlefront 2 next update on March 11! This “small patch” includeshost of fixes as one might expect and no new content. Check out the full patch notes below, as well as some of the bugs introduced via the Age of Rebellion update that are being fixed with this patch.
Here are some of the big changes coming:
DICE will be implementing a change that will ensure all troopers and heroes are dressed in any planet-specific appearances across the Age of Rebellion planets.
Randomization of head options for Officers in Co-Op.
Ability for Ewok Hunters Auto Players to now perform the spear melee attack.
Visual issue where inacccurately high numbers were shown under the player damaged UI element.
Scoreboard change introduced in Age of Rebellion would show the class level of everyone in the match; a visual issue would sometimes happen where all levels would be based on your own, and this has been fixed.
In Co-Op, DICE fixed an issue that would cause the AI to only take one route going to Jabba’s Palace. After the patch, the AI will now take multiple paths, which means you can no longer sit at one doorway while defending.
Matchmaking issue have been addressed, which includes a fix that addresses the problem that would sometimes cause a game server to place everyone on the same team.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 March 11 patch notes:
- Fixed an issue where the Play Any button would not be able to matchmake into a game.
- Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause a game server to matchmake players into the same team.
- Fixed an issue that would occasionally lead players to be matchmade into opposing teams when transitioning to a new round of Co-Op.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the AI opponents to only take one path on Jabba’s Palace – Co-Op Defend.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a delay when attacking after evading.
- Set up planet-specific appearances for Heroes and Troopers on the Age Of Rebellion maps.
- Added randomization of head options for Officers controlled by AI.
- Fixed an issue where the AI Officers on Hoth would show up with wrong names.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Yoda to be occasionally invincible against certain opponents.
- Added more info to show how to unlock certain weapon mods.
- Fixed an issue where the ISB Agent would be blocked from firing her blasters for too long, after performing a melee strike.
- Fixed a visual issue where the Ewok’s Hunter’s Instincts ability would show footprints on top of the trail left behind by BB9E.
- Fixed an issue where snow particles would sometimes be visible indoors when playing on Starkiller Base.
- Fixed various visual issues with texture popping on the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer.
- Fixed various visual and collision issues on the MC85 Star Cruiser and Death Star II.
- Added the spear melee attack for Ewok Hunters controlled by AI
- Made minor visual improvements to the Ewok Hunter’s abilities.
- Fixed a visual issue where inaccurately high numbers were shown under the “PLAYER DAMAGED” score event, after defeating an enemy.
- Added support for Cyrillic characters in the chat window when playing in non-Russian versions of the game.
- Fixed an issue where the Scoreboard would not show the accurate class level of other players, or when deploying with vehicles.
- Class level now appears on the Scoreboard when playing Starfighter Assault and Hero Starfighters.
- Removed the class level for AI players on the Scoreboard.
- Fixed an issue where the button to view the profile of another player on the Scoreboard would not work.
That’s a lot of fixes for a “small patch,’ no? Once the patch is out, we’ll be sure to let our readers know.
Source: Battlefront forums