DICE has released a new Star Wars Battlefront II game update today, and it’s out now on all platforms! On the PlayStation 4, it’s at 860MB and is called 1.04. Thankfully, the entire patch notes list has been released as well.
One of the biggest new tweaks is the end of match MVP screen where it won’t show the same player in all five categories. Here’s what DICE had to say about it:
With this redesign, we will highlight players based on their score instead of specific “honors”. This means that a larger number of players will have the chance to become highlighted in the End of Round MVP screen.
Additionally, players will no longer get an error message when quitting the game. Check out the complete patch notes below that includes a lot of in-game tweaks in terms of Battlepoints earn rate.
Release Notes – Patch 1.03
- Reduced the amount of Score and Battle points gained by using the Disruptor Shot mod for the NT-242 when used against vehicles.
- Reduced the amount of Score and Battle points gained by using the LAAT Gunship against vehicles.
- Reduced the amount of damage the Stinger Pistol ability does against Heroes & Villains.
- Boba Fett can no longer capture objectives while hovering high above the objective.
- Blocked of some areas on Kamino and Naboo where players could use aerial units to gain an unfair advantage over other players.
- Tweaked the spawning positions when playing Strike on Kamino.
- Tweaked the combat area on Tatooine when playing Strike.
- Tweaked the combat area on Endor when playing Blast.
- Tweaked the combat area on Hoth when playing Blast.
- Tweaked the spawning positions of Starfighters when playing Galactic Assault on Tatooine.
- Tweaked the spawn positions of the AAT when playing Galactic Assault on Kashyyyk.
- Fixed several collision and traversal issues on Jakku.
- Fixed several collision and traversal issues on Kashyyyk.
- Fixed several collision and traversal issues on Endor.
- Fixed several collision issues on the Death Star II.
- Fixed several UI issues in the spawn screen when playing Heroes vs Villains.
- Fixed an issue where the objective markers would not update correctly during Galactic Assault on Endor.
- Fixed an issue where some automatic doors would not open when approached by Villains in Heroes vs Villains.
- Fixed an issue where texture was missing near the East Gate Control when playing Strike on Yavin IV.
- Fixed an issue where the reticule from Lando’s Sharp Shot ability would remain active longer than intended.
- Reduced the amount of the damage the NT-242 with the Disruptor Shot mod does against the AT-ST.
- Fixed an issue where the Scan Dart ability would not work correctly when used on doors.
- Players will no longer be able to start a round if the pre-round requirements are not met.
- Fixed an issue where the HUD would indicate that friendly forces are taking damage when being hit with by the Ion Charge ability on the AT-RT.
- The Heavy Trooper’s Impact Grenade ability VFX now works as intended.
- The DLT-20A Targeting Rifle VFX now works as intended.
- The Pulse Cannon ability VFX now works as intended.
- Fixed several issues with the End of Round screen where tall characters would not fit in the screen.
- Fixed an issue where the players could not Zoom after switching weapons from an overheated TL50.
- Fixed several clipping issues that occurred during the campaign.
- Fixed an issue where Iden’s Star Cards will display their multiplayer stats during the Campaign.
- Fixed several animation issues for Heroes and Villains.
- Fixed several texture issues in Arcade mode.
- Fixed several collision issues in Arcade mode.
DICE mentions that the studio is looking into balance changes for Heroes vs. Villains mode in the next title update. Hopefully, they also touch upon the gameplay issues we listed in our list of changes we want to see ASAP.
Source: Battlefront Forums