It’s that time again where wallets become emptied and gaming libraries become filled. The Steam Autumn Sale has begun, and there’s discounts on practically everything!
My personal highlights include the recently released, yet still significantly discounted, Middle-earth: Shadow of War for $40. Another big recent release is Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus, whose Season Pass-toting Digital Deluxe edition has had its priced chopped in half at $40. Oh, and how about Nier: Automata? It’s a fantastic combination of genres that I feel will net many a Game of the Year 2017 nomination.
In addition to the crazy sales, the Steam Awards 2017 categories have been revealed. And yes, they are ridiculous as usual!
– The “The World Is Grim Enough Let’s Just All Get Along” Award
– The “Choose Your Own Adventure” Award
– The “Haunts My Dreams” Award
– The “Mom’s Spaghetti” Award
– The “No Apologies” Award
– The “Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War” Award
– The “Suspension of Disbelief” Award
– The “Soul Of Vitruvius” Award
– The “Defies Description” Award
– The “Labor of Love” Award
– The “Whoooaaaaaaa, Dude! 2.0” Award
– The “Even Better Than I Expected” Award
– The “Write-In” Award
Nominations are open, so get voting!
Let us know if you pick up anything from this year’s Steam Autumn Sale!
In other gaming news, the Victorian Gambling Commission has weighed in on the loot box discussion, free-to-play shooter Warface now has its own battle royale mode, and we published our Call of Duty: WWII review.
Source: Steam Awards