If you still haven’t given Ubisoft’s The Division a shot (why haven’t you?), you can do so today, September 14, until this Sunday, September 17, on PC. You can access The Division free weekend at the following times:
- From September 14th 7pm CEST to September 17th 10pm CEST
- Pre-load will be available on Uplay PC starting September 12th 6pm CEST.
If you like what you played, you can buy the full game from Ubisoft’s store for 60 percent off the total price, and your progress from the free trial will carry over to the final game.
Also of note, the “State of the Game” happened earlier today, and Ubisoft’s Community Developer Hamish Bode, along with a few developers, talked about update 1.7.1 and beyond. Some key points can be seen below.
- Will be released next Tuesday (September 19th) for all platforms
- It will fix the RMP Glitch
- The jamming of the semi-automatic sniper rifles will be addressed
- Some de-synchronization problems between server and client will also be fixed
Second Ban wave
- A second ban wave has gone out and a third one is already prepared
Update 1.8 PTS
- Will Start September 26th – the week before the Global Event starts.
- As before it will be free for PC
- When you were invited on console for the last PTS, you will have access to the 1.8 PTS – you will only get an update
- They will also invite more player on top of the already invited players – but they have not yet finalized the invitation criteria.
- Also make sure that you have selected the box that allows Ubisoft to send you emails on your Uplay account – when that box is not selected, you will not get an invitation, because they are not allowed to send you emails
Global Event 2 – Assault
- The next Global Event “Assault” will start on October 3rd.
- The theme of this event will be proximity to the enemy. Enemies will do less damage the closer you are to them and they will do additional damage the further away you are, so make sure to get up close and personal!
- Assault will introduce the classified versions of the Striker’s Battlegear, Sentry’s Call and Reclaimer gear sets and following the conclusion of the event, these classified sets will become available in the general loot pool of the game.
Once The Division update 1.7.1 is out next week, we’ll be sure to let our readers know, along with any pertinent changes made.