If you’re playing Red Dead Redemption 2, then there’s a big chance that you’re hard up for cash. Sure, you can rob, steal and just be a dick to gain some easy money, but doing that will have the law in every town looking after you, which means you won’t ever stop running, and who wants that, right?
Thankfully, there’s a Red Dead 2 money glitch/cheat that won’t affect your Trophy and Achievement completion rate, and it’s relatively easy to do! It’s a gold bar collecting glitch that Rockstar Games should patch away quite soon. Explained by YouTuber Dat Saiontsfan, check it out in action below.
If’ you want the more condensed version, we’ve outlined that for your convenience too!
Step-by-step guide on the Red Dead 2 money cheat using the gold bar exploit:
- Find an area with a gold bar that you can get BUT it’s important that it includes a document/letter with it (check the video to see what I mean). One such area that has a gold bar in a beaten up Sheriff station is just south of Valentine in an area called “Limpany.” Note that if the gold bar location does NOT include a letter/document, the cheat will NOT work.
- Turn off auto-save in the options menu.
- Create 2-3 save files for the current game you’re in just in case you want to revert back to your previous progress, second save file is for when the money glitch doesn’t work, and the third save is the one you’ll actually use for the Red Dead 2 money cheat/exploit.
- If you see a letter/document, go save the game and overwrite the third save slot/file you created.
- Once you’ve saved it, go back out and reload the game file you just saved, which will trigger the gold bar glitch!
- You’ll spawn a little far away from where the gold bar is located, so you need to ride your horse to get back to it.
- Once at the location, you’ll see the box with the gold bar is now open, but the letter will no longer be included with it.
- If you manage all that, just hold X to pick up the maximum carry limit of 30 golden bars, which you can sell for $500 each in the game! This equates to $15.000 per glitch, which should be more than enough to get your camp stocked, upgraded, and more.
- You can do this as many times as you want!
Note that this glitch/exploit is active now, but there’s a good chance Rockstar will patch this out soon, so best get to it before they do.
In other non-cheating Red Dead Redemption 2 help, we posted a list of handy tips for the game straight from the community! We also posted a Red Dead Redemption 2 beard guide that will educate you on how fast your in-game beard can grow, and more.