Beginning on October 7 at 7AM Pacific, players will be unable to play the game until maintenance is complete. The down time is warranted, however, as the hot fix being applied “will improve the technology that enables players to connect to Destiny,” says the dev team. Gameplay will remain unchanged, but players should notice fewer connection issues.
Here are the details of the hot fix going live tomorrow:
- Added more data logging for matchmaking systems
- Improved connectivity failure handling to reduce beaver (Kick To Orbit events) KTOs
- Improved logging of player disconnections
- Internal tools fixes to speed up our release process
- Fixes to the roster system to allow us to tune the frequency of roster updates on Xbox One
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to quick scope on some weapons
- Security fixes
- Server performance improvements
- Fixes to reduce the frequency of some KTOs
- Better logging to help diagnose connectivity problems
- Fixes to some Centipede errors that were exclusive to specific player characters
As a reminder, Destiny’s Iron Banner Crucible playlist also begins tomorrow and will, of course, likely be affected by the down time. You’ll have plenty of time to participate and earn special Gear, Emblems, Shaders, and Ships, however, as the playlist will be sticking around until October 14.
For those don’t remember, the Iron Banner takes your weapon and gear stats a little more seriously, so you’ll want to bring your best equipment into the Crucible. You’ll be able to visit Lord Saladin in the same area of the Tower that you found the Queen’s Emissary.