Zombie slayers, a new World War Z update is out now! Called the “Proving Grounds” update, this brings the game to World War Z update version 1.07, and there’s a lot of new content released! Clocking in at a whopping 13.9GB on PS4, and 6GB on PC, check out the World War Z update 1.07 patch notes below.
World War Z update 1.07 patch notes:
- Added new Weekly Challenge Mode – This is a separate playlist that offers a combination of three unique gameplay modifiers, which rotate every week
- Successfully completing weekly challenges will reward you with Challenge Coins.
- This special currency is spent on unlocking customization options such as character skins, headgear, backpack attachments and more
- Added Character Outfit Customization feature
- Added skins, headgear and backpack attachments for each character
- Added new Classic Battle Rifle weapon and its variants
- Added Biohazard DLC weapon variants
- Players under masking effects will no longer get hit by zombies that are attacking other teammates
- The Bull special zombie will not grab players under masking effects even if he was charging at another player and the masked player was in his way
- The Bull and Lurker special zombies will no longer deal instant damage when grabbing players, providing a small window to prevent damage if the special zombies are quickly killed by teammates
Quality of Life
- Added option to swap triggers and buttons on a controller
- Added option to toggle aim
- Added option to toggle crouch
- Players will be able to sprint if they are holding sprint button as soon as sprint stamina is regenerated. Previously players had to depress and press sprint button again
- Weapon stats progress bars now more accurately display actual gameplay stats. This resulted in some visual changes across all weapons. However, actual gameplay stats did not change
- PvE assists are now rewarded for these actions:
- Healing teammates with a stim pistol
- Healing teammates with a medkit
- Saving a teammate who has been grabbed
- Reviving a teammate
- Teammates using your supply bag
- Killing Infector that infected your teammate
- Added ping display in PvP
- Minor UI and localization fixes
- Pump Action Shotgun. Increased damage by 7%.
- Combat Shotgun. Increased rate of fire by 25%.
- Compact Shotgun. Increased rate of fire by 25%. Increased damage by 5% for versions 4 and 5.
- BF25 Payload Rifle. Increased damage by 25%. Improved version is also affected and has 50% more ammo
- Improved Stun Gun aiming at point blank distances
- Improved effectiveness of vertical Voltage Grid defense kit
- Fixed several gameplay crashes
- Fixed some gameplay bugs that were causing inability to progress in levels
- Fixed Bullet Dodger perk which was giving friendly fire resistance for an inconsistent amount of time
- Fixed issue that caused newly acquired weapons to have less than full ammunition in some cases
- Fixed issue that kept the “Clear Infection” prompt from being displayed on the HUD if player was using melee
- Crossbow bolts will now explode properly if fired by an AI bot (no friendly fire, don’t worry)
- Fixed Stun Gun dealing inconsistent amounts of damage
- Fixed issue that caused already burnt gasoline barrels and puddles to appear as targets for aim assist target selection
- Chainsaw will no longer waste fuel if used against dead bodies
- Fixed issue with scoreboard staying on screen in outro cinematics
- Fixed issue that caused players to be unable to shoot while being healed in some cases
- Fixed issue with shotguns sometimes reloading 2 extra rounds in one reload cycle
- Fixed Infector spit effect staying on the screen after respawn
- Igniting gasoline puddles, using Taser and throwing Molotovs will no longer fail stealth checks
- Fixed issue with “zombies are close” warning sound triggering incorrectly
- Angel no longer loses his head during cinematics
PC Specific Fixes
- Player can now switch shoulders when aiming with Dual Sights Sniper Rifle
- Added option to disable Vulkan Dynamic Resolution in video settings
- Added option to disable Vulkan FidelityFX CAS in video settings
Also included in the update are a new Weekly Challenge mode, a separate mode with unique gameplay modifiers. Completing these weekly challenges will reward the player with a new currency that can be spent on character customization options like color schemes, headgear, backpack attachments and more. The update also includes the new Classic Battle Rifle, and more.
The Biohazard Bundle is now also available for $4.99, and features three new weapon skins, and a tomahawk axe.
With this update, the first season of free content for World War Z is now complete! Check out the roadmap for the checklist.
Source: Focus Home forums