DICE is deploying a new Battlefield 2042 patch next week! The studio announced this today, and what’s more, they even revealed the Battlefield 2042 next update 5.2.1 patch notes ahead of the download.
This is a minor quality-of-life update that addresses issues, so don’t expect a new map, weapon or anything of the sort.
Battlefield 2042 Next Update 5.2.1 Patch Notes:
- AI Soldiers will no longer stand mindlessly firing at Irish’ Fortification System, because well, they have intelligence, right?
- Resolved an issue that resulted in the Underbarrel Smoke Grenade dissipating too quickly within certain weather conditions.
- Improved scenarios that resulted in players receiving explosive damage through walls.
- Fixed an exploit that caused players to keep downed players in a Being Revived state.
- Lowered Dozer’s Shield Bash Range by 16%.
- Reduced Horizontal Recoil Pull on the K30.
- Resolved an issue that resulted in a downed Specialist standing up during the revive process.
No word on when the patch will be available, but we assume it’ll be on August 15, which is a Tuesday, since that’s most updates for the game are released. Once it’s live, we’ll let our readers know.
More Battlefield Reading: