Battlefield 2042 is about to shake the franchise as it has been confirmed that they will no longer feature the standard classes we have grown accustomed to, but instead specialist classes. To help shed some light on this, DICE has unveiled the first four Battlefield 2042 Specialists, along with their abilities.
Down below you’ll find four specialists that will be available at Battlefield 2042 launch. Note, these are only just the first 4, with 6 more being revealed at a later date. In total, Battlefield 2042 will feature 10 specialists at launch with more being added in the planned seasons.
Battlefield 2042 Specialists
PYOTR “BORIS” GUSKOVSKY
Self-motivated and self-fulfilling, Boris seeks to acquire power and control in a chaotic world. This Russian-born Engineer is a very experienced weapons expert on the Task Force, although his true attachment to the team is suspect.
- SG-36 Sentry System – Automatically spots and engage enemy targets detected within a certain area.
- Sentry Operator – Spots the enemy target when the sentry gun locks on to the enemy position.
An ex-military, lone-wolf survivalist, Mackay is an ass-kicker with a conscience. This Canadian-born Assault soldier fights for the Non-Patriated to make right a regret from his military days.
- Grappling Hook – Fires a rope that attaches to surfaces. When attached, the rope is retracted and the player gets pulled towards the attach point.
- Nimble- Allows the player to move more quickly while aiming down sights, further enhancing their speed-related advantages.
A veteran Support, Maria Falck has a strong will that cannot be shaken by danger, fear, or rank. This skilled Medic’s primary motivation is to find her son David among the non-patriated groups spread across the world.
- Syrette Pistol – Fires a syringe at friendlies to provide healing. If fired at an enemy, the syringe will do damage.
- Combat Surgeon – Allows the player to return downed allies to combat with full health when reviving.
WIKUS “CASPER” VAN DAELE
Recon soldier Wikus is a loner – and the unflappable, calm presence on the Task Force. An introvert, Wikus does not make acquaintances easily, but his determination to fight for a better world is rock solid.
- OV-P Recon Drone – Spots nearby moving targets and can disorient enemies by using EMP blasts. Can also be used to designate targets for lock-on weapons.
- Movement Sensor – Alerts the player to approaching enemies, both while boots on the ground and when piloting the Recon Drone.
That’s all we have for you today, though we should be hearing a lot more about these specialists hopefully next week during the Battlefield 2042 gameplay debut.