As part of DICE’s constant communication with the Battlefield V player base, the studio maintains a weekly info roundup of sorts of what players can expect from the studio ever week.
Well, this week seems to be extra special, as DICE Global Community Manager Dan Mitre has announced that players will be getting “Holiday Gift” as a special thank you from the studio! This was revealed as part of this week’s planned announcements, which includes the roll out of the Chapter 1: Overture weekly mission!
This Week in Battlefield V
Monday, December 17th
- Last Chance – Chapter 1: Overture 2nd Weekly Mission: Squadplay & Reinforcements – You have until Thursday, December 20th at 00:00 UTC to complete the first weekly mission in order to unlock the Axis Ratburner Helmet.
- LIVE NOW Article – This Week in Battlefield V – The rundown of various news beats in a concise communication roadmap. This is the article you’re reading now!
- LIVE NOW Article – Battlefield V’s Known Issues List Update (Reddit & Forums) – As we track known issues internally and acknowledge major issues brought to our attention we’ll keep our Known Issues list updated frequently.
Tuesday, December 18th
- Server Update – TTK Changes are Reverted – At 4am PT / 7am ET / 1pm CET, the TTK changes will be reverted back to their original launch state, the “Conquest Core” playlist will be removed, and the previously announced “Core” playlist will not be deployed.
- Blog – Holiday Gift, A Special ‘Thank You’ from EA/DICE – Surprise! We’ve a special holiday gift for you. Stay tuned for the announcement coming up.
- Blog – Visual Customization – A deeper look at Battlefield V’s visual customization system.
- Blog – Chapter 1: Overture, Week 3 Tips – Learn about the upcoming third weekly mission that leads to the Selbstlader 1906 self-loading rifle unlock.
Wednesday, December 19th
- AMAA – Reddit AMAA on Anything Battlefield V – Before we go on holiday break, we wanted to celebrate Battlefield V with the community and answer almost any outstanding question you may have for us.
Thursday, December 20th
- Launch – Chapter 1: Overture, Week 3 Mission Goes Live – At 00:00 UTC, the week 3 mission goes live. Here’s the requirements to unlock the Selbstlader 1906 self-loading rifle:
- First Leg
- Fragile Structures: Deal 200 damage to vehicles.
- Second Leg (complete one of the following)
- AT Infantry: Deal 200 damage to vehicles using Assault equipment.
- Air Superiority: Deal 500 damage in an airplane.
- Bird Hunt: Deal 100 damage to airplanes.
- Third Leg (complete the next progressive requirement based on Second Leg)
- Trouble Ahead: Spot five enemy vehicles using Recon equipment.
- Vehicular Dominance: Capture one objective in a vehicle.
- Fourth Leg (complete the next progressive requirement based on Third Leg)
- Frontier Maintenance: Repair 100 vehicle damage as Support.
- Single Sight: Kill an enemy from at least 50 meters while in a vehicle.
- Fifth Leg (interchangeable, your pick)
- Perfect Placement: Damage a vehicle with an Anti-Tank Mine.
- Armoured Might: As a squad, call in a Reinforcement vehicle.
- (Optional) Road Rage: Get one road kill.
- Final Leg
- Mechanized Brawl: Destroy one tank.
- First Leg
- Blog – Airlifts Are On Their Way – We apologize for the delay on this article as we prioritized TTK change reverts. We hope to detail on Thursday what Airlifts are, what to expect, how to get them, what’s in them, and how many you get.
- Livestream – Battlefield Weekly Hosted from EA UK – Join the EA UK Community Team as they stream the latest and greatest from Battlefield V, live on http://twitch.tv/battlefield
Friday, December 21st
- Article – Battlefield V Weekly Debrief – Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week, with a comprehensive Q&A with our DICE developers using feedback collected from the Battlefield Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and Forums.
Of course, the big news today is the re-introduction of the old time-to-kill, which was implemented earlier today via a server-side hotfix.
Once we know more details about this gift, we’ll let our readers know.