If you noticed a few key issues with Battlefield V, chances are, it’ll be fixed with next week’s game patch that also introduces the first chapter of Tides of War.
In case you want a brief summary of the Battlefield V known issues, check out the list below. DICE Global Community Manager Dan Mitre has outlined those, as well as some of the stuff the studio has planned for fans next week!
This Week’s Highlights
- TTK/TTD Vision & Clarity – We’ve published an article that dives into our intentions with Time to Kill and Time to Death, and how we are potentially changing these mechanics going forward. This article also provides a glimpse into the upcoming Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Update.
- Max Rank Company Coin Accrual Issue – We’ve made progress with the Max Rank Company Coin accrual fix. See below.
- Airlifts Clarity – There has been confusion around what Airlifts are, how you get them, and what they contain. We’ve lightly detailed the takeaways prior to a full blog that will be published soon in this Twitter post.
- Battlefield V 11-26-2018 Server Update – A recent server update was released that resolved unlock issues, server join issues, and more.
- Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Teasers – We’ve released some teasers providing glimpses into Panzerstorm (new map), the Practice Range, Vehicle Visual Customization, and the new War Stories episode: The Last Tiger.
- Shot with GeForce: Battlefield V Ansel Contest – Partnering with NVIDIA, we bring you a sweet opportunity to win a GeForce RTX graphics card. More details here.
Known Issues – Hot Updates
- Max Rank Company Coin Accrual Preliminary Fixes
- <50 Rank Players – We performed a backend update (no client download needed) that has addressed this issue for players who have not hit rank 50 yet. Once they do, they will continue to accrue Company Coin.
- Max Rank Players – The issue is also resolved. All Max Rank players will start to get their Company Coin at EoR (though, it won’t show up in the EoR UI, another issue we need to address).
- Retroactive Awarding – No promises here, but we are working on a solution that will award Max Rank players for the Company Coin they should have accrued per hours played at Max Rank.
Here’s what to expect next week:
Sneak Peek into Communications Roadmap for Week of December 3rd
- Coming Next Week
- Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Launch – On December 4th, the first Tides of War chapter is available! All content can be downloaded including Panzerstorm map, Practice Range, Vehicle Customization, and War Stories: The Last Tiger. On December 6th the weekly missions and rewards begin.
- All-New Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Trailer – We’ve been killing it on trailers lately (at least we hope you agree as well)! There’s another one in the hopper for Chapter 1: Overture release next week.
- Update Notes
- Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Update Notes – 14 pages of detail around new content and game improvements.
- Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Gameplay Sneak Peek – Join us as we stream to you live on Monday, December 3rd at 1pm PT where we showcase all of the Chapter 1: Overture content.
- Battlefield Weekly – On Thursday, the Battlefield Weekly livestreams hosted in EA UK continues as we celebrate the launch of Chapter 1.
- Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Reddit AMAA (Ask Me Almost Anything) – After you watch the livestream, download the new content, and digest the update notes, we’re sure you’ll have more questions. Join us as we jump in and answer almost anything you throw at us in regards to Chapter 1.
- Chapter 1: Overture Events, Progression, and Rewards – Details on what to expect with the new weekly events and rewards coming up.
- War Stories: The Last Tiger – Full details on the new War Stories hitting Battlefield V.
- Practice Range – Dive into the nuances and features of the all-new Practice Range.
- Panzerstorm – Get the full download of everything you should know about the new map.
- Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Landing Page – Rescheduled from this week to next week. Full details on what’s dropping with the first Tides of War chapter.
You can check out a preview of some of the upcoming changes coming to next week’s patch right here. There’s a bug in the game that pings the player for the enemy every time they get a kill, which unfortunately won’t be fixed in time for next week.