The Battlefield 5 update today (July 24) is now live! File size, patch notes and more listed here.
Remember yesterday when we reported that Battlefield 5 is slated to get a patch tomorrow? Well, that’s been confirmed as a go today, and what’s more, we have the Battlefield 5 upcoming update release notes as well! Players can expect a downtime as the patch is rolled out, and it’s the following times:
- PC: 1 a.m. PT/4 a.m. ET
- PS4: 2 a.m. PT/5 a.m. ET
- XB1: 3 a.m. PT/6 a.m. ET
Battlefield 5 upcoming update release notes (4.2):
- We have reduced the recoil, and increased the muzzle velocity for the P08 Carbine in a bid to improve its effectiveness
- Kills in Firestorm are now awarded if the enemy player disconnects during the downed state
- Fixes targeted at removing extreme instances of Invisible Soldiers
- Specializations are now able to be reset on the P08 Carbine
- The game will no longer stutter when killing enemies with tanks
- Removed an unintended suppression effect that was applying to infantry soldiers when a tank fires it’s main cannon
- The screen will no longer turn black when firing stationary cannons
- The Arras sights on the Lewis gun now displays correctly when using extended mags
- Rate Of Fire for the MKVI Revolver has also been reduced to 180RPM, from 200RPM
- The correct crosshair now shows for the Mosquito FB MKVI on all load-outs
- The Company will now display the correct amount of bombs for the JU-88
- Players trying to spawn into airplanes should no longer get stuck on the deploy screen
While we already know that another much smaller update is being rolled out next week, DICE has also mentioned that a bigger update is planned near the end of August, and this one brings the long-awaited level cap increase!
What’s being worked on for Update 4.4 (end of August update)?
- Additional fixes are also targeted to improve performance and stability across all platforms
- New Maps: Lofoten Islands and Provence
- Increase in Max Rank to 500
- Updates to Fortress Mode
- New Weapons – In preparation for subsequent Tides of War Rewards (Panzerbüchse 39, Breda M1935, C96 Pistol Carbine)
- Fixes for desynced top-gunner hitbox on certain Vehicles
- Fixes for desynced soldier hitbox known to occur when reviving or vaulting\
Same as always, once the patch is out, expect an update from us ASAP regarding the patch sizes and more.