As expected from DICE’s previous announcement, the new Battlefield 5 update today has been rolled out, and it’s full of fixes rather than new content. Clocking in at X on PC, 2.4GB on PS4, the Battlefield 5 update 1.21 patch notes can be read below, and is also referred as Battlefield 5 update 4.2 by DICE.
Battlefield 5 update 1.21 patch notes:
- We have reduced the recoil, and increased the muzzle velocity for the P08 Carbine in a bid to improve its effectiveness
- Kills in Firestorm are now awarded if the enemy player disconnects during the downed state
- Fixes targeted at removing extreme instances of Invisible Soldiers
- Specializations are now able to be reset on the P08 Carbine
- The game will no longer stutter when killing enemies with tanks
- Removed an unintended suppression effect that was applying to infantry soldiers when a tank fires it’s main cannon
- The screen will no longer turn black when firing stationary cannons
- The Arras sights on the Lewis gun now displays correctly when using extended mags
- Rate Of Fire for the MKVI Revolver has also been reduced to 180RPM, from 200RPM
- The correct crosshair now shows for the Mosquito FB MKVI on all load-outs
- The Company will now display the correct amount of bombs for the JU-88
- Players trying to spawn into airplanes should no longer get stuck on the deploy screen
Don’t forget, a much smaller update is due to hit next week, and will most likely include a bunch of fixes, and will enable the Marita map for all players!
The next major Battlefield 5 update is scheduled to hit near the end of August, and will bring the increase in the level cap and much more, which you can read about here.
Once we hear more news regarding next week’s update, or if this update brings in a bunch of new info that can be datamined, we’ll let our readers know ASAP.