Bethesda has releasd the Fallout 76 update 1.48 December 15 patch and this ushers in Season 3 Scribe of Avalon! This brings in new rewards, gameplay changes and loads more. Head on below for the details.
Note that the game is currently undergoing server maintenance, though the patch has been rolled out at this time.
Fallout 76 Update 1.48 December 15 Patch Notes (Season 3, Scribe of Avalon):
Update: Full patch notes have been revealed by Bethesda for Scribe of Avalon!
On December 15, we’re kicking off our third Season, which will introduce the new “Scribe of Avalon” Scoreboard. This Season, you’ll step into the world of Astoundingly Awesome Tales to aid the intrepid time-traveling historian, K.D. Inkwell, as she investigates the mysteries behind an explosion of technologic advancements in the medieval civilization of Avalon.
Of course, we’ve added a host of new rewards that you can earn as you and Inkwell explore the past. As with previous Seasons, you will be able to claim a reward for your characters every time you achieve one of this Season’s 100 ranks. These include themed cosmetics, C.A.M.P. items, in-game currencies, Perk Card Packs, consumables, and more. There are also several new types of rank-up rewards, like Lite Allies, which will be available for the first time! Finally, we’ve added a number of bonus rewards that Fallout 1st Members can claim at certain milestones in addition to the standard rewards those ranks offer.
SEASON 3 REWARD HIGHLIGHTS
Season 3 brings a broad assortment of rewards that will be yours for the taking as you rank up. It offers brand-new cosmetics, like Guild of Antiquities and Vertiguard Power Armor paints, a set of K.D. Inkwell themed cosmetics, and weapon skins, as well as a variety of items for your C.A.M.P., like the Gold Collectron Station, and the Red Rocket Vending Machine. As mentioned above, we’re also introducing a number of items that will be making their debut as rank-up rewards:
- Lite Allies: You will be able to claim two new “Lite Allies” during your Season journey. They will offer unique benefits, like healing or feeding you, in place of sending you on Daily Quests.
- Yasmin Chowdhury – Yasmin is a cooking vendor who will replenish your hunger and thirst once every 24 hours. She also has uncommon, and sometimes rare, cooking Recipes for sale.
- Solomon Hardy – Solomon primarily deals in medical supplies. He will also heal your HP, Rads, and Diseases in exchange for Caps.
- Backpack Flairs – Bring more personality to your favorite Backpack by modding it to add new cosmetic Backpack Flairs at an Armor Workbench.
- Antique Speed Bag – Practice your punches by brawling with the Antique Speed Bag in your C.A.M.P., which will temporarily increase your Agility.
- Perfect Bubblegum – Chew some Perfectly Preserved Bubblegum to completely replenish your hunger and thirst, and remove the need to eat or drink for an hour.
- Perk Coins – Rank up your Legendary Perks more quickly by filling your pockets with some Perk Coins.
Check out some of the new items and cosmetics that will be available this season right here.
Once Bethesda releases the official changelog, we’ll update the post.
Update: Bethesda has released the complete changelog and we’ve updated the post with the pertinent info.