While Infinity Ward released a rather chunky Call of Duty: Modern Warfare patch (1.13) just last week, the studio released a Modern Warfare January 28 update today, and it’s live now! Thankfully, this is a server-side update which means there’s no big file to download.
Included in this Modern Warfare update today are weapon nerfs, exploit fixes, playlist updates and more! And yes, this update introduces Deathmatch Domination to Moderm Warfare as teased previously.
Modern Warfare January 28 update patch notes:
- Added Deathmatch Domination!
- Added Gunfight Custom!
- Shipment 24/7 is back! (Replaces Shoot the Ship)
- Removed Winter Docks
- Moved Capture the Flag into the Quick Play Filter
- MP5: Reduced headshot multiplier, Small reduction to 10mm range
- M4: Small damage decrease to reduce headshot effectiveness, Small range decrease
- M13: Range increase, Small reduction to horizontal recoil, Small damage increase to boost headshot effectiveness
- Crossbow: Players are able to shoot down an enemy Support Helo with only 3 Thermite Bolts. This has been adjusted; 5 to take down a VTOL and 6 to take down a Support Helo and Chopper Gunner
- Fix for an exploit in Ground War via ATV
- Fix for missing character model on the LA OpTic CDL skin
- Shipment: Spawn tuning to reduce the frequency of instant deaths and spawn traps. Adjustments to spawn positions around the edge of the map for all modes. New spawn logic for Domination.
- When using keyboard and mouse, a controller button prompt will appear to access the Social Menu while matchmaking. On PC with a PS4 controller, the button prompt will appear as an Xbox prompt. This has been fixed
Hopefully, nothing else is broken via this server-side patch, and there’s no stealth changes implemented as well/
Source: Infinity Ward
More Modern Warfare Reading:
- Here’s a List of Known Modern Warfare Update 1.13 Stealth Changes
- Modern Warfare Invisible Glitch Triggered by Purchaseable Skin, Ghost Teased in Piccadilly
- Modern Warfare Patch Notes Included Fixes That Arent Present in Game, IW Explains Why