As expected. Capcom has pushed out the first major update to Monster Hunter World! This Monster Hunter World update 2.00 brings Deviljho to the list of monsters, and a ton of balance updates to weapons.
Check out the full patch notes below, along with a trailer for Deviljho just to whet your
WEAPON BALANCE UPDATES
- Charged Slash II — Damage increased.
- Charged Slash III — Damage increased.
- Strong Charged Slash II — Damage increased.
- Strong Charged Slash III — Damage increased.
- Foresight Slash — Time window to successfully trigger increased.
- Foresight Slash — Hitbox to successfully trigger increased.
- Foresight Slash — Damage hitbox increased.
- Foresight Slash — Increased the angle that the player can control the direction of the attack.
- Spirit Helm Breaker — (Bug Fix) After use, you should now properly be immune to knockbacks until you land on the ground.
Sword & Shield
- Roundslash — Damage increased.
- Wedge beetles can now be used when using the slinger with your weapon drawn.
- Demon Gauge — Can now be increased by Demon Mode roundslashes and Demon Flurry Rush.
- Demon Mode — Fixed a bug where you could not cancel Demon Mode when transitioning from a Demon Dodge.
- Charge Tier 2 — Charged Upswing stun values increased.
- Charge Tier 2 — Charged Brutal Upswing stun values increased.
- Charge Tier 3 — Charged Big Bang stun values increased.
- The Encore effect for the Self-Improvement melody now also increases your attack power (the effect is now “Attack Up + Deflected Attack Prevention”).
- Counter-thrust — Temporary knockback negation during a successful counter-thrust.
- Shelling — Damage parameters increased when sharpness is yellow or worse.
- Sharpness loss alleviated for all Wyrmstake Cannon and Wyvern’s Fire attacks.
- Wyrmstake Cannon — Damage increased.
- Wyvern’s Fire — Damage increased.
- Zero Sum Discharge — Level 4 Earplugs effect during use.
- It is now possible to chain the beginning of Sword: Jumping Element Discharge into Zero Sum Discharge.
- Zero Sum Discharge Finisher — Damaged increased.
- Mounted Discharge Finisher — No longer causes sharpness loss.
- Zero Sum Discharge — (Bug Fix) After use, you should now properly be immune to knockbacks until you land on the ground.
- Impact Phials — Attack power bonuses from effects other than that of the Artillery skill (for the explosions) were decreased.
- Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge — Stun values decreased for Impact Phials.
- Phial stun values increased for all attacks other than Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge.
- Elemental values increased for Power Element Phials.
- Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge — Power Element Phial explosions spaced closer together to make them easier to hit.
- Improved the effect of the attack power increase for red/white and red/white/orange extract hybrid effects.
- Extract effect times increased overall.
- Extract effect times no longer decrease while mounting a monster.
- Dashing Shot — Fixed a bug where the Spread/Power Shots skill effect was applied twice.
- Dragon Piercer — Fixed a bug where you could shoot past the attack’s angle limitations. Now shoots straight ahead of the player, regardless of the camera angle, when shot with the camera angle past the attack’s angle limitations.
Light Bowgun and Heavy Bowgun
- No adjustments were made.
GAME SYSTEM ADDITIONAL AND CHANGES
- Optimized data processing to reduce loading times.
- Added the feature “Kick from Online Session” to the player list.
- Added “Return to Gathering Hub” (single player) and “Disband & Return to Gathering Hub” (multiplayer) to the options for “Select Return Destination” after a quest.
- Added the “Text Size” setting for changing subtitle text size, under Start Menu > Options Game Settings.
- In the “Online Session” menu, the name for the menu command “Squad Session Search” was changed to “Create/Search for a Squad Session” (the functionality is unchanged).
- Attacks from allies no longer interrupt you during the carving animation. Additionally, players are now immune to all hit reactions, including bombs, during carving animations after quest completion.
- Slightly reduced the amount that the Scoutfly Level (which is tied to monster research levels) gauge decreases after each quest.
- Added the game version number to the game’s title screen (for this update—PS4: 2.00; Xbox One: 188.8.131.52).
If you notice anything that’s not in the patch notes, let us know in the comments.
Source: Capcom Unity
More Monster Hunter World Reading at MP1st:
- Monster Hunter World Lance End-Game Build – Tank Through Everything
- Monster Hunter World Decorations Save Scum Exploit Guide
- Monster Hunter World Bow End Game Build Guide – What Armor, Weapons and Decorations to Use