In not-so-surprising news, Rockstar Games has sent out a press release announcing that Red Dead Redemption 2 has now achieved the single biggest opening weekend in the history of entertainment!
Here are some of other impressive feats the game has already done in just a few days of release:
- Biggest opening weekend in retail sell-through across all entertainment releases;
- Second biggest launch (three days) in retail sell-through across all entertainment releases;
- Biggest entertainment launch of 2018;
- Most pre-ordered full game ever on PlayStation Network;
- Biggest day one full game sales ever on PlayStation Network;
- Biggest first three day full game sales ever on PlayStation Network.
In the press release, Rockstar has announced that the game has managed to sell-through (sold not shipped) over $725 million in worldwide retail in its first three days! Red Dead 2 is the second highest-grossing entertainment launch of all time, with the winner being Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto V.
- This Red Dead Redemption 2 Money Exploit Is Easy to Do and Won’t Affect Trophies/Achievements
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Beard Growth Rate Guide in Real Time Hours and Tips to Grow It Detailed
- Here Are Some of the Best Red Dead Redemption 2 Tips Straight From the Community
Sony has also confirmed that Red Dead Redemption 2 has set new records on the PlayStation Network the highest ever in pre-orders, highest day one sales, and highest sales in its first three days in the market.
Congrats, Rockstar Games! But then again, we’re expecting this, right?