A new update for Star Trek Online has been released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The latest patch adds a new featured episode, available to “Captains levels 10 and up,” a new officer specialization and more.
For the full list of patch notes, see below:
New Content and Features:
- Melting Pot Featured Episode
- In “Melting Pot,” captains will pay a visit to the new joint Lukari-Kentari colony.
- With Captain Kuumaarke and Captain La Forge, explore what Dranuur holds and find out if the colonists can make it work.
- This new episode will be available for Captains levels 10 and up.
- Primary Specialization: Miracle Worker
- Miracle Workers lean heavily on healing and weapon enhancing abilities, belying their roots as an engineering-heavy specialization.
- Miracle Worker is a Primary Specialization, but Captains may instead choose to slot it as a Secondary to benefit from the first 15 abilities offered.
- Abilities may be purchased in this Specialization even while it is inactive.
- With the introduction of a new Primary Specialization, we are also increasing the cap on Specialization Points up to a new max of 180.
- Players that exceed this amount will instead receive Dilithium Ore if the current Specialization XP is maxed out.
- Miracle Worker Bridge Officer Specialization
- Advancing in the Miracle Worker Specialization will grant captains the ability to add the Miracle Worker Specialization to any existing Bridge Officers, through the creation of Specialization Qualifications.
- Dranuur Colony Fleet Holding
- With Season 14: Emergence, Dranuur Colony will become available as a new joint Lukari-Kentari-themed Fleet Holding, available to all Fleets in Star Trek Online.
- Player fleets will be presented with a full-sized Holding, comprised of a primary track and three subtracks, each with five tiers of progression.
- Each tier and subtrack will offer fleets new improvements to their Colony World holding, as well as access to new equipment, and new gameplay options.
- Colony Fleet Holding Invasion Scenario
- The invasion simulation is a multi-location wave defense event, which allows up to 20 fleet members to participate without needing to queue.
- Travel to the Dranuur Colony Fleet Holding to start the event!
- To access this event, players must obtain 3 tokens from fleet projects, then talk to the security officer on the docks.
- Dranuur Beach Assault
- The Tzenkethi are amassing for a ground assault on Dranuur.
- Stop their forces and drive them out of the colony!
- Dranuur Beach Assault is our first 10 player cooperative ground defense queue.
- Participating in it will earn players a choice of Fleet or Lukari marks.
- The queue is available to all captains of level 50+.
- Dranuur Gauntlet
- Dranuur Gauntlet is a new, five-player, cross-faction queue.
- The joint Kentari-Lukari colony in the Dranuur system is under attack, as an enemy fleet moves to assault the planet before its orbital defenses can be completed.
- Keep the planetary defenses intact while the ground crews work to replicate important tactical systems they require. Once those are ready, players will be able to fully activate the defense satellites to aid in the defense.
- This queue is designed for level 60 players, with normal, advanced, and elite versions.
- Added missing icons to journal entries for Yesterday’s War arc.
- The displayed amount of turn rate on a ship now displays correctly.
- Resolved an issue where some starships showed an incorrect name in Drydock.
Beyond the Nexus:
- Geordi La Forge will now regenerate personal shields after a short time.
- Updated the uniforms for the “modern” Starfleet Officers to use the Odyssey standard.
- Tzenkethi stealth drones will now respect line of sight.
- Admiralty: Gold-Pressed Latinum rewards from Ferengi Admiralty assignments have been reduced by around 80%.
- In place of these reduced rewards, these assignments now also reward Energy Credits proportionate to the amount of GPL that has been removed.
- Fleet Starbase: Fleet Personnel packages of Duty Officers may now be purchased in bulk, up to 50 at a time
- Resolved an issue that prevented players from equipping specialization kit modules in space maps.
- Temporary Ships, such as the Obelisk, no longer have vanity equipment slots.
- This only affects ships given temporarily in missions.
- The “Kill Tzenkethi” Accolades have their own category in the accolades tab.
- Duty officers that reduce cooldowns such as Technicians or Projectile Weapons Officers should now be more responsive about reducing those cooldowns.
- Ships called in by Fleet Support now have a hard-capped time limit of 5 minutes, instead of remaining indefinitely when in combat.
- Resolved a display name issue on the Na’kuhl Battlecruiser, where it was named “Archeros” by default instead of “Acheros.”
- This change will only affect newly commissioned versions of this ship.
- Resolved an issue that caused the Tal Shiar Adapted Destroy [T6] to come with only 2 device slots. It now has 3, as intended. This affects existing versions of this ship.
Powers & Items:
- Heavy Escort Weapons have been renamed to Experimental Weapons.
- The Experimental Proton Weapon has been renamed to the Dyson Proton Weapon.
- Resolved an issue that was preventing Hypos from actually clearing Holds and Stuns.
- Resolved an issue where Grace Under Fire was not resetting the cooldown on Miraculous Repairs.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent Causal Reversion from activating the Prevailing Engine – Overcharge proc.
- Resolved an issue that could cause the Efficient Bio-Circuitry set bonus to fail to affect the Neutronic Torpedo in some cases.
- Resolved an issue that could cause Sensor Analysis to apply a Defense Rating Debuff or a Damage Debuff to an ally if you had the corresponding secondary deflector equipped.
- Resolved an issue that prevented Target Subsystems from working with Turrets.
- Resolved an issue that caused Restorative Synergy to proc less frequently when Command spec is slotted.
- The Psionic Consumption, Psionic Emissions, and Psionic Howl effects from Fluidic Kit Frames can no longer activate in Social Zones.
- Protonic Energy Stabilizer Module
- The chance to activate has been doubled to 20%.
- The damage dealt now scales with damage bonuses.
- The damage is now dealt as a DoT over 5 seconds, and only has 50% shield penetration
- The base amount of damage has been significantly decreased.
- Resolved an issue that caused Structural Analysis to fail to spread in some cases.
- Resolved minor typo and formatting issues across several item and power tooltips.
- Resolved an issue that was causing Dual Heavy Cannons to suffer an excessive Accuracy Rating Penalty under Cannon: Volley III.
- Resolved an issue that prevented EPS Corruption from being activated when cloak was disabled.
- Resolved an issue where the Training Manuals for Align Shield Frequency used incorrect icons.
- Addressed various typos in item descriptions.
What do you think of the new update? Are you looking forward to the new episode? Let us know.
In other updates news, the PC version of Call of Duty: WWII has received its first patch, a new RuneScape update includes more tooltips and tweaks the dungeoneering map, and The Elder Scrolls Online has been updated with fixes to combat-related issues and world boss daily quests.
Source: Arc Games