The Fortnite 3.3 update patch notes are now available to read, providing details on the new Fortnite remote explosives weapon, the Supply Llama, and other big changes to the game. All of this new content will be available to experience, once servers are back online. (Read about the Fortnite downtime here.)
For those of you wanting to waste no time in getting to the good stuff, you can find the Fortnite 3.3 update patch notes for Battle Royale below:
Fortnite 3.3 Update Patch Notes: Battle Royale
WEAPONS + ITEMS
Remote Explosives added.
- Rare rarity.
- Found in Supply Llamas, Treasure Chests, Floor Loot or Supply Drops.
- Stacks of 4 (Max of 10).
Smoke Grenade has been vaulted.
Updated the ‘No Scope Hunting Rifle’ name to simply be ‘Hunting Rifle’.
Fixed missing environmental impact FX on Hunting Rifle projectiles.
Limited Time Mode: Blitz
- *NOTE: This mode will be enabled on 3/19.
- Blitz has much shorter storm times resulting in faster & more intense matches!
- Maximum match length is 15 minutes.
- The match will start with the storm circle already closing in over the island.
- Adjustments to loot availability:
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Floor Loot spawns nearly 100% of the time.
- Supply Drop spawn interval lessened from 180s (+/- 30s) to 80s (+/- 20s).
- Supply Drop descent time shortened from 60s to 30s.
- Launchpad spawn likelihood greatly increased.
- Harvesting resources doubled.
- Resources found in loot increased from 30 to 100.
- Treasure chest health increased from 200 to 500.
- Ammo box health increased from 120 to 250.
Fixed an issue causing the unintentional rotation of stairs.
Fixed an issue causing an eliminated player’s collision to stick around temporarily, making it difficult to pick-up their dropped items.
Fixed the News window not displaying once you select Battle Royale.
Fixed a bug that sometimes made characters appear with the wrong orientation when previewing items in the front end menu.
Updated the circular bullet impact FX so that they help indicate the direction the shot came from.
Fixed gunshot sound stuttering that would occur when firing an automatic weapon at low ammo counts.
Fixed issue that caused gunfire and other sounds to play at louder volume than usual.
Optimized shield effects on players to improve overall frame rate.
You can read the other Fortnite 3.3 update patch notes, which includes the Save the World changes, here.
In other Fortnite news, it has become the most watched and most streamed game on Twitch, the Flippin’ Sexy emote is driving players wild, and a future update will bridge the Battle Royale and Save the World controls.
- Fortnite Android and iOS Versions Announced, Supports Crossplay with PC & PS4
- New PUBG Update Rolled Back Due to “Compatibility Issues”
- Fortnite Xbox One Crossplay Announced, However Still Excludes PS4