Epic Games has announced that the “Horde Bash” event in Fortnite will be coming to an end October 26, 4.00 a.m. ET. However, after saying goodbye to Horde Bash, players will be welcoming a very spooky Halloween event, “Hexslyvania,” along with patch 1.8 which goes live October 26.
Get lost in the deep levels of the catacombs, the endless halls of flickering candles or the thick fog creeping across the map!
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) October 24, 2017
The Horde Bash event will be departing on Thursday, Oct 26 at 4:00 a.m. ET. Get your last games in!
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) October 24, 2017
What will Hexsylvania bring?
In addition to a spooky lobby background you’ll find:
- ~25 Story Quests
- Spooky Creatures
- Pumpkin Head Husk
- Vampire Taker
- Spooky Llama
- Buy it with candy! 😀
- Eight new themed Heroes all getting into the Hexsylvanian spirit!
- Each Class/Gender
- New Weapons
- Pumpkin Launcher (How else will you defeat the Pumpkin Head Husks??)
- Grave Digger
Here are the highlights of what’s included in the patch notes for both Battle Royale and Save the World:
PATCH NOTES – GENERAL
- Greatly reduced input latency on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Controls overall should feel more responsive on consoles.
- We’ve re-enabled capped 30 FPS on PS4 and PS4 Pro to maintain a smooth experience.
- Added an option to toggle targeting.
- Players now have the option to press their “Target” button once to enter and leave the targeting state, and will no longer need to hold down if toggle targeting is enabled.
PATCH NOTES – BATTLE ROYALE
- Introducing “Slurp Juice,” a regeneration potion that grants 1 health and 1 shield per second for 25 seconds.
- You can now customize your character, banner, and equip any cosmetics in the new Locker menu.
- Voice chat comes to Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
- Players will now auto-pickup ammo, building resources, and traps.
- New graphics are visible to players who are caught outside the Storm safe zone, and the storm wall visuals have been updated.
- New Halloween skins are on sale in the newly implemented store, and will only be available until 11/4.
- Use V-bucks to purchase items from the store.
- Character Skins
- Skull Trooper
- Ghoul Trooper
- Weapon Skins
- Reaper Skin – Pickaxe
- The new “Combat Pro” controller config is aimed at keeping the user’s thumbs on the sticks as much as possible so they can make fast weapon swaps and build quickly.
SAVE THE WORLD
FORTNITEMARES – VLAD MOON RISING
- Explore our spookiest stormscape yet! Gothic castles, grim mansions, creepy catacombs, and more await you in the mists of Hexsylvania.
- Trap the Storm! This new mission focuses on reinforcing and defending existing buildings. Fortify your castle, and prepare for a close combat husk brawl.
- Dig into Hexsylvania’s cryptic history with bone chilling story quests! 36 new quests in all.
- Adventure into the mists of Hexslyvania after completing Storm Shield Defense 3.
- Halloween Creatures
- Beware the Pumpkin Head Husk, a nightmarish creature guaranteed to scare you out of your gourd.
- Protect ya neck! The Vampire Taker is out for blood. His attacks heal him, and some say he can’t be seen on the mini-map.
- Treat Yourself
- Spend the candy you earned by completing quests and mission alerts on Halloween llamas for extra Fortnitemares fun.
- Slot Fortnitemares Cosplay Survivors into your Collection Book and receive event rewards!
- Witness the Lobby of Doom!
- Behold the crawling terror of the updated Fortnitemares themed lobby.
- Heroes, Defenders, Leaders, Workers, Schematics and Transform Keys get a new unique look.
- New and improved Defender Interface. Players can now choose weapons and ammo for Defenders all from one menu.
- Improved Daily Rewards!
- All item XP has been replaced with rare or better items, valuable resources, or Upgrade Llamas.
- You will receive Upgrade Llamas at a higher rate than the new login rewards.
- You will be retroactively rewarded with Epic and above rarity items that have been added for any days you’ve already collected.
- Significantly reduced input lag on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Improved the readability of text and the clarity of icons across the user interface.
- The Horde Bash event has ended!
- For every unspent 1,000 Scavenger’s Tickets you will automatically receive a Scavenger Llama available in the loot tab.
- Turning off the Horde event will cause the Current Daily Llama to be reset at 4am during the downtime compared to the normal 8pm. Make sure to get those Llamas before it’s too late!
You can read up on the full list of patch notes here.
With 25 new story quests, new weapons and even a spooky llama, will you be getting into the “Hexsylvanian spirit” this Halloween?
You still have time to try out the Horde Bash event before it leaves us tomorrow, be sure to grab those rewards before they’re gone forever.
In other Fortnite news, players on PC and PS4 have found a way to play with one another, update 1.7.2 (1.23) is out now with patch notes, and two cheaters have been banned and Epic Games is suing them.