Massive multiplayer games have only increased in popularity since the pandemic began. Riders Republic joins in on the list of games of that genre as Ubisoft Annecy announces this outdoor sports playground during Ubisoft Forward.
Players worldwide can jump on the game to experience outdoor sports in an open world. The range of sports includes biking, skiing, snowboarding, wingsuiting, and rocket wingsuiting, as players are given the opportunity to try these varied games and compete in each one.
Riders Republic will allow players to ride through some of the most breathtaking landscapes the United States has to offer. Some of the most iconic American national parks such as Bryce Canyon, Yosemite Valley, Sequoia, Zion, Canyonlands, Mammoth Mountain and Grand Teton have been faithfully recreated and imaginatively mashed together to form the ultimate outdoor sports park.
Players can squad up with or against friends in insane multiplayer modes:
- Mass Races: The crazier the better in these epic, multisport races with more than 50 players.** New races appear randomly on the map, so players will need to get ready to watch their blind spots, protect their position and remain agile with their skills as they fight their way to the finish line.
- Tricks Battle: Compete in 6v6 matchups and try to land as many tricks as possible on the various modules to earn points. The team with the highest score wins.
- Free-for-All: Challenge new opponents in 12-player sessions and show them how it’s done through a select playlist of exciting events.
- Versus Mode: Join up with friends and see who’s the best.
- Multiplayer Competition: Made for the top riders to show off and show out, ultimately making it to the top divisions.
As part of their career, riders can make a name for themselves through five different career progressions. As players continue to prove themselves in the Republic, they will sign with legendary sponsors and receive invitations to the most renowned sports competitions, including Red Bull Rampage and the X Games. Players can customize their rider through evolutive progression-based gear and define every aspect of their character. Whether a rider wants to master snowboarding or be the fastest thing on two wheels, everything is possible.
Riders Republic will be available for next-gen, with 4K ultra-high resolution at 60 FPS on Xbox Series X and PlayStation5. The game will also support cross-play and cross-generation play. The different editions of the game has also been announced today:
Players looking for even more Riders Republic content can pre-order the Gold and Ultimate Editions now:
- Gold Edition includes the base game and the Year 1 Pass including eight exotic kits that allow players to modify gameplay in the form of gear upgrades throughout the year, the BMX Sport add-on plus exclusive content added after launch. Rocket Bike and Rocket Ski exotic kits will be available at launch.
- Ultimate Edition includes the base game and the Year 1 Pass as well as four exclusive cosmetic packs: Cosmic, Rainbow, Neon and Skull’n Style. Players will also enjoy 20 helicopter tickets to reach their favorite in-game summits faster than ever.
Players who pre-order Riders Republic will receive the Bunny Pack, including a cute custom bunny outfit, an additional blue bunny head and rainbow snowboard paint.
Players can register and participate in upcoming betas on their website.
Riders Republic will launch on September 2 on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One, Stadia, Luna, and for Windows PC exclusively on both the Epic Games Store and the Ubisoft Store. The game will also be available on Ubisoft+.