With The Division 2 set to become available for everyone via its open beta weekend later this week, Ubisoft wants to keep the momentum going as it announced a lot of The Division 2 free content set to come post-launch!
Before anything else, check out the video below to see what’s in store for players in the game’s first year.
Players can expect the following content for free in The Division 2’s first year:
- Tidal Basin, releasing shortly after launch, will reveal a new challenging stronghold held by the Black Tusks.
- Operation Dark Hours, also releasing soon after launch, will be the first 8-player raid in the history of The Division.
- Episode 1, D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions, releasing in Summer 2019, will take players to the surrounding areas of Washington to fight for the liberation of the city in two additional main missions, a new game mode to investigate the fate of a lost convoy, encountering unexpected threats along the way.
- Episode 2: Pentagon: The Last Castle, releasing in Autumn 2019, will have additional main missions, with players storming the Pentagon and unveil the secrets that hide beneath one of America’s most iconic locations
- Episode 3, releasing in Winter 2019 will close the first chapter of The Division 2 story and pave the way for more content to come.
The Division 2 Year One Pass also got announced, and here’s what players will get:
- 7-day early access to All Year 1 Episodes narrative content
- Instant access to all Year 1 Specializations as they release
- 8 Classified Assignments revealing more about the fall of D.C.
- Exclusive cosmetics and additional in-game activities, such as base of operations projects and bounties,
Not bad for free updates, right? Also, it’s commendable that Ubisoft is finally shying away from locked content that fragments the player base with Season Pass content; let’s hope this is a trend that continues on moving forward for all games.