The Fortnite 3.1.0 update is now available for players to download on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. To know exactly what the update has improved and changed, take a look at the Fortnite 3.1.0 patch notes below.
Fortnite 3.1.0 Patch Notes: Highlights
Lucky Landing (Battle Royale)
Try your luck at the new Battle Royale point of interest, located on the Southern edge of the island.
Hunting Rifle (Battle Royale)
No scope… No problem! Effective at medium to long range and only holds one round in the chamber.
Dragonfire Auto-Shotgun (Save the World)
This heavy Auto-Shotgun unleashes a cone of fire and destruction, damaging all husks in its reach.
Brave Beginnings (Save the World)
Adventure alongside Val on her quest to become a defender!
Fortnite 3.1.0 Patch Notes: Battle Royale Changes
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Hunting Rifle added!
- Single shot rifle that has no scope and is effective at medium to long range.
- Uncommon and Rare rarity.
- Found in Treasure Chests and Floor Loot.
- Adjusted inconsistent drop rates for various weapon rarities.
- Burst Assault Rifle drop chance:
- Uncommon increased by 60%.
- Rare increased by 150%.
- Common decreased by 20%.
- Revolver drop chance:
- Uncommon increased by 33%.
- Rare increased by 75%.
- Common decreased by 10%.
- Tactical Shotgun drop chance:
- Rare increased by 33%.
- Epic increased by 75%.
- Uncommon decreased by 10%.
- These weapons had unnecessarily low drop rates as they progressed in rarity. This does not change the overall likelihood of finding these weapon types but it does increase your chances of finding a higher rarity version. – Developer Comment
- Fixed discrepancies between crosshair location and muzzle firing location when shooting at close range targets.
- Fixed shotgun collision inconsistencies when aiming through openings or around corners.
- Minor adjustments to Loot in the following locations:
- Snobby Shores (removed 13 Floor Loot spawn locations and 4 chests)
- Industrial Plot north-east of Flush Factory (removed 4 Floor Loot spawn locations and 3 chests)
- Tilted Towers (removed 8 Floor Loot spawn locations and 4 chests)
- Fixed issues where weapons would not equip because they were not pre-loaded.
- This resolves the issue in which weapons did not equip / did not function during the early game.
- Efforts have been made to address an issue where players are suddenly unable to build in rare cases.
- Fixed a crash that occurred if players kicked the ball out of Greasy Grove or the Soccer Stadium.
- Fixed some edge cases where players pushed up against ramps / ceilings could toss grenades through to the opposite side.
- Fixed the Boogie Bomb not properly refreshing its duration on a player who is hit with more than one.
- Fixed an issue that reduced the distance that the light on chests could be seen.
- Fixed the soccer scoreboard awarding points to the wrong side in Pleasant Park.
- The new ‘Lucky Landing’ point of interest has been added to the southern edge of the island.
- You now receive Party Suggestions while in the lobby.
- Rich presence now provides the player’s party size.
- Added new intro/outro animations to the party invite notification.
- Invite notification now closes upon being clicked.
- Presence text that is too long will no longer overlap the Invite/Join buttons.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t emote in lobby if a player left.
- Fixed an issue where changing language to Chinese or Korean would not render text properly.
- Fixed an issue that caused the ‘60 FPS’ mode to reset back to 30 after relaunching the game on PS4.
- Fixed an issue where the Party Finder dialog could double spawn.
- Fixed an issue where full parties would show as solo players and appear joinable.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the Invite/Join action wouldn’t show correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the party bar sometimes wouldn’t show party members while in a filled squad.
- Re-enabled sprinting dust effects on low settings.
- Hip fire positioning is now maintained if a player fired recently and switched weapons.
- Fixed player jittering when sliding against a surface.
- Fixed an issue causing other characters to not animate while spectating them after being eliminated.
- Fixed an issue where weapons were unholstered early when using Emotes.
- Fixed character body parts not animating at low framerates.
- Fixed shield visual FX not properly displaying on the Alpine Ace and Crackshot outfits.
- Updated the flag on the arm of the USA Alpine Ace to face the correct direction.
- Reduced the volume of the Hand Cannon audio to match that of the Revolver.
- Reduced the volume of the Windmills found in Anarchy Acres and Fatal Fields.
- Set the volume of hitting weak points back to what it was prior to V.3.0.0.
- Fixed an issue where building placement sound would play repeatedly while skydiving if you had the Pickaxe equipped in the lobby.
- Fixed an issue that caused the lobby music to restart every time it was attenuated to 0 volume because of music from emotes.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Storm Audio to play from an invalid location in the map.
- The build mode ‘click’ sound no longer plays while the player is downed.
- Improved overall frame rate by using less CPU for characters that are far away.
- Optimized weapon load times and reduced their memory usage.
Fortnite 3.1.0 Patch Notes: Save the World Changes
SAVE THE WORLD
- Spring it On! continues, adding new questline ‘Brave Beginnings’.
- Many of us have already given up on our new year’s resolutions, but Val has not. Join the brave survivor on her mission to join in the battle against the storm as a defender.
- We have added new group missions to all theaters. Currently the mission is ‘Fight the Storm’ with encounters designed for 4 players.
- These missions allow 4 extra Defenders to be used.
- Rewards for group missions should be roughly double, except for Spring It On! Gold (the latter remains unchanged).
- Impulse Grenade has been added.
- Blast enemies into the air and off cliffs!
- Use these to bounce yourself or your friends up to hard-to-reach places!
- These are temporary power-ups that will be removed from the backpack at the end of the mission.
- DragonFire shotgun is now available in the Weekly Store!
- Shoots a cone of fiery death, damaging all husks in the area.
- Heavy auto-shotgun, with a slower rate of fire and smaller magazine size.
- Damage of Dragon’s Roar assault rifle increased by 20%.
- Voting has been added to the BluGlo Difficulty Pylon.
- After inserting enough BluGlo for a difficulty bump, the voting window will appear.
- Teams of 2 or 3 players will require 2 ‘Yes’ votes to increase difficulty. Teams of 4 will require at least 3 ‘Yes’ votes.
- If vote passes, the team can vote to increase the difficulty again immediately.
- If the vote fails, a 45 second anti-spam timeout is put into effect before another vote can be taken. The deposited BluGlo will be returned to the player who initiated the vote.
- Voting is not required in missions with only one player.
- Training Manuals, Trap Designs, and Weapon Designs used to evolve a schematic or person are now refunded when they are recycled/retired.
- This refund is in addition to the 1/4/9 currently returned when you recycle or retire a Rare/Epic/Legendary item.
- Changed ‘Crit Damage versus Afflicted targets’ weapon modifier from 30%/45%/60% to 45%/67.5%/90%.
- Dragon Rocket Launcher no longer roll magazine size perks.
- Rocket/Grenade Launchers will no longer roll headshot perks. They are also now able to roll rare durability perks.
- Wooden Wall Spike Traps have had their Reload Speed perks removed and replaced with valid perks.
- Wall and Floor Launcher Traps have had their Damage, Critical Chance and Critical Damage perks removed and replaced with valid perks.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to damage Lars’ van during the timed encounters.
- Fixed small boxes of fireworks that drop red envelopes from being destroyed by Husky Propane Tank.
- Disable Play Now button for ‘Want to Build a Hoverboard?’ Quest since the Quest is fairly dependent on players traveling to the right zone type (i.e., City zones).
- We have temporarily disabled the Difficulty Pylon in Deliver the Bomb missions to address issues with blocking track placement.
- Players that play in maps much lower than their current level will have their party stats clamped. We will continue rebalancing stat clamping to make sure parties of mixed levels find the content appropriately challenging.
- [Rework] ‘I.F.F. Coding’ perk
- Plasma Pulse kills cause the Constructor’s shield to regenerate at 15% of its normal rate for 2 seconds. Consecutive ‘Plasma Pulse’ kills refresh the duration.
- [Rework] Soldier’s Berserker Subclass
- ‘In a Pinch’ has been removed as the level 12 perk and replaced with ‘Up Close and Personal’.
- ‘Kneecapper’ has replaced ‘Up Close and Personal’ as the Berserker’s level 30 perk.
- The Soldier Perk ‘Up Close and Personal’ has been reworked:
- Warcry applies 3 stacks of Debilitating Shots to nearby enemies.
- Removed kill reset timer in ‘Fragment Generation’ perk and changed tooltips to represent the change.
- ‘Fragment Generation’ perk kill counter no longer resets after 15 seconds.
- ‘Phase Shift’ now continues some of its momentum when used in the air.
- ‘Goin’ Commando!!!’’s base damage has been increased from 13 to 25 damage.
- ‘Goin’ Commando!!!’ is no longer flagged as a Ranged Weapon and does not benefit from ‘Debilitating Shots’.
- ‘Crescent Kick’ can now be used in the air.
- Renamed Raider Nomad to Raider Raptor.
- ‘Dragon Daze’ tactical perk now properly shows visual FX when triggered.
- Fixed an issue that allowed survivors to be carried with Constructors ‘Bull Rush’ ability.
- Fixed pitch angle for TEDDY’s arm guns when aiming at enemies.
- Fixed an issue where the pickaxe would become unresponsive if players requeued actions mid swing.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Soldier’s ‘Shockwave’ damage to be delayed.
- The Outlander’s ‘Shock Tower’ now correctly displays its lightning visual FX when attacking.
- Can cycle through survivor squads without backing out.
- Can clear out all members in a survivor squad from a single action.
- Added keybinds to pop-up context menus.
- ‘Dragon Daze’ tactical perk no longer specifies Ninja.
- Fixed an issue that caused Recycling node 2 and 3 in the skill tree to not display Collection Book upgrades under bonuses.
- Fixed issue where pinning the Cruise Control Quest didn’t show the Ride the Hoverboard objective on the HUD when not completed.
- Schematic recycling and evolution is now temporarily blocked while the item is in the crafting queue.
- Fixed audio volumes of mission rewards music.
- Removed music event from Supply Drop.
- Fixed the issue with music abruptly switching and sounding too loud.
- Added a second mix to alternate between the intro being more victorious and the other, which is more subdued.
- Fixed dialog attenuating sound FX and also not being played through the Voice slider.
- Fixed the loud music transition to mission rewards.
- Fixed the bonus success music event so that the high frequencies are less pronounced.
- Fixed the combat/score music periodically starting/stopping.
- Fixed the loot tab restarting the music every time you switched to it.
- Fixed the loot tab music getting stuck on.
In other Fortnite news, Epic Games is slowing down the development of Paragon to focus on Fortnite, here’s the latest community stats showcase, and the new Fortnite Trello Board lets you see what the developers are currently working on.
Source: Epic Games