A PUBG Experimental Server update has been rolled out ahead of the latest testing phase. Players will soon be able to try the Sahnok map without the need for an access key.
Here’s a reminder of the testing windows and what the new patch fixes and improves:
SANHOK TESTING WINDOW
- OPENS: May 10, 7pm PDT / May 11, 4am CEST / May 11, 11am KST
- CLOSES: May 14, 4am PDT / May 14, 1pm CEST / May 14, 8pm KST
- Both TPP and FPP are available in all queues
- NA, EU, AS : Solo/Duo/Squad
PUBG Experimental Server Update Patch Notes:
- We’ve applied the same weapon balance and item spawn changes from the current PUBG live servers
- We’ve adjusted item spawn balance for Sanhok specifically:
- Increased the overall item spawn amount
- Adjusted the AR spawn balance in the world
- Increased total amount of AR
- Slightly decreased spawn ratio for M416, but the total amount spawned will remain similar to before
- Increased spawn ratio for M16A4, AKM
- Before boarding the plane, you can now throw apples (found in your inventory)
- Changed Redzone rules
- Generally, redzones will no longer appear inside the safe zone (white circle). There are some exceptions when the blue circle is too close to the white circle.
- With this change, it becomes a bit more risky to play outside of the safe zone.
- Added extra design variants for the Aquarail
- Added spawn points for Aquarails and Motorbikes near the cave area
Changed some area names.
We’ve added four new areas. We’ve also made various improvements to areas throughout Sanhok.
- Blood effects should now appear as intended
- Certain FPS drop issues and sound issues have been resolved
- Fixed an issue causing the “aim punch” effect to be too noticeable.
- Certain invisible objects in buildings have been removed
- The minimap now shows areas 200 meters away (instead of 100m)Known Issues (Investigating)
- Sometimes in FPP, if the player was vaulting at the time when the game starts, the player doesn’t get on board in the plane and instead flies straight to the final destination of the plane. (Yes, still)
- When using the Death Cam, sometimes players disappear or weapons become invisible.
- Sometimes in spectate mode or Death Cam, scopes are visible, but scope mesh isn’t.
- Sometimes other players appear as zombies.
- Sometimes the bluezone indicator on the minimap gets temporarily out of sync.
In other PUBG news, the new Savage map was recently tested on the Closed Experimental Server, an argument as to whether PUBG is pay to win has been brought up again, and it’s been found that 30% of all PC gamers are playing battle royale titles.