Yesterday’s double whammy of controversial upcoming Rainbow Six Siege changes received an unsurprisingly negative response from the community. The combination of a price hike and the introduction of loot boxes was quickly called out by players, forcing Ubisoft to rethink its approach.
Well, in just a single day, Ubisoft has confirmed that the Rainbow Six Siege Standard Edition will now remain at $40, which should help encourage more newcomers to pick up the game. In addition to this, current players will be receiving a skin, and Ubisoft will be rethinking the Starter Edition, too.
These changes were shared on the Rainbow Six Siege subreddit. You can read the full post below.
Our passionate and dedicated fans are the reason why Rainbow Six Siege is a success, especially the ones who have been with us from Day 1. Following yesterday’s announcement, we have seen the frustration from our current players rise to the top of the discussion. Below you will find our next steps for addressing these concerns.
- For our current players, any of you that play an online match between now and March 6th will receive the upcoming Ash Sidewinder Elite skin for free. The Ash Sidewinder Elite will be automatically granted to your inventory at the launch of Year 3 Season 1.
- For our newcomers and those of you concerned about introducing your friends to the game, we will be keeping the Standard Edition in the store at the current price.
- For those of you who have raised concerns over the Starter Edition when it comes to acquiring Operators, we will be sharing more information about our next steps during the Six Invitational. We recognize that this has been a point of frustration for new players, as well as existing players bringing their friends into the game, and have been working on how to make this process more fluid.
The Rainbow Six Siege team has always incorporated player feedback into the game and the direction of the design. Your voice is incredibly important to us and we are monitoring your feedback closely on all aspects of this announcement. Any future updates will be posted here.
Some quick work by the community there!
- 5 Must-Play Titles Which Could Be Game of the Year 2018
- Top Destiny YouTubers Lessen Their Support for the Game
- Nike PG-2 PlayStation Shoes Are Made for Ultimate Fanboys