A new PUBG update has rolled out to the game’s closed experimental server, bringing some significant changes to the Savage map. Those playing during the 48-hour testing window will notice that the red and blue zones act a little differently, and that more grenades are spawning.
Check out the full list of PUBG update patch notes below:
New PUBG Update Patch Notes:
- The redzone’s size and duration have both been decreased.
- A new feature enables the bluezone to calculate and adjust its waiting time based on the number of players left alive.
- Grenades now spawn more often.
- The strongest scope which can be obtained from care packages is now the 8x scope.
- Total numbers of boats spawned has been decreased, but boats now spawn more predictably along the towns near the sea.
- Three new areas have been added.
Here’s a reminder of how much time is remaining before the closed experimental server is taken offline:
CODENAME: SAVAGE TESTING WINDOW
- OPENS: Mon, April 16, 6pm PDT / Tues, April 17, 3am CEST / April 17, 10am KST
- CLOSES: Wed, April 18, 6pm PDT / Tues, April 19, 3am CEST / April 19, 10am KST
In other PUBG news, the new Savage map was recently tested on the Closed Experimental Server, an argument as to whether PUBG is pay to win has been brought up again, and it’s been found that 30% of all PC gamers are playing battle royale titles.